Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• I agree @VRob123 you have to do what you feel comfortable with and not be bullied otherwise as I said I’m completely relaxed about it and with my previous two I was happy to have visitors from the get go never had an issue setting up a routine or breastfeeding but I’m a pretty relaxed person I can’t wait for everyone to meet her 
  • Thanks all, I did gently mention it but we dont have the supportive family that others may have and I find the confrontation very hard to handle! Thanks for the link about newborns and advice as I hadn't seen that. I think we will say no one for 2 weeks and the in laws are still planning on going to Spain in early sept so makes it a bit harder and then maybe friends after 4 weeks. Last two times we had friends after about a month anyway and then family came on day 1 and just turned up! Not ideal especially first time but we live a bit further away and number 3, and 5th/7th grandchild so luckily less interest now anyway! X
  • Ergh still no induction date I need to have another scan next Wednesday because she’s slowed down 

Just can’t wait for her to arrive now 
  • Thanks for all of your responses on this! I think it’s so hard when you’ve got other children going to school as my little girls starts in September. 

Im going to let my mum hold my baby when she’s born. She will be looking after my oldest when im in hospital anyway. And she doesn’t work and is very careful. Apart from that I won’t be having everyone else! My family is so close so i know it’s going to be so hard! Bloody Virus! 

• @Metalchick awww, not long hun! Perhaps she’ll make her own way soon 🙈

@Kayt2 it’s a hard one isn’t it! Inlaws will look after our daughter but they are so nice they just can’t say no to anyone that asks to
    come around!! They take people mostly through their garden and into the conservatory but it’s still people in the house drinking tea and eating cake 🤦‍♀️
  • Hi ladies, I hope your all well?? My baby boy is 2 weeks old today!! How did that happen 😳 he is almost back to his birth weight 2 ♥️ With the whole COVID situation we have aloud close family in to hold him but no one outside our bubble my parents and MIL have helped around the house and looks after the other kids while I was in hospital for 8 days and have kept themselves as much as possible away from others! 
    But I’m quite relaxed with it all as my eldest children have seen friends and my hubby (military) was still in work until I was admitted.
    everyone has their own way to deal and no one is right or wrong just do what works for you xx not long now until hopefully there will be some more birth announcements 😘 xx 
  • peas_and_lovepeas_and_love Regular
    edited Aug 3, 2020 6:25PM
    I don't mind close family having a brief cuddle provided they don't have a temperature and they wash their hands but baby won't be going for visits for the first few weeks at least. I don't think it's going to go down well with husband's mum. She's very much an 'all about her' person and will make my husband's and dad in law's lives hell if she doesn't get her own way.

The problem is mainly going to be stopping her from dropping in unannounced to 'help' when my husband goes back to work 😕

Boundaries are so difficult.
  • @peas_and_love is this your first baby? 
    I feel for you! It must be so hard and it will be to say no too! I find that hard!

But what can you do!
    im going to have to continue with things like school drop offs & shopping etc! And like I am not just making sure we all sanitise and wash hands regularly 👍🏼

• @Kayt2 yes, first baby. Which also means first grandchild and my husband is an only child so all of the attention a.k.a all of the crazy is focussed on him. I hate the conflict of it all but not much you can do really. Can't outright ban her from seeing the baby just because I don't want her personality rubbing off!
  • Good luck!  Sounds stressful already! But like you say you can’t say she can’t visit! Would you husband not politely tell her? 

• @Kayt2 I wish! He'd rather not have her be in a mood with him but I think that may change when we see what she's like after baby gets here.
  • I hope so for your sake! 
    Good night x 
  • VRob123VRob123 Regular
    edited Aug 5, 2020 6:38AM
    Morning! Do any of you sometimes go dizzy & short of breath in a morning? Not all the time but occasionally. I think little man may be laying on a nerve or blood supply. I’m not too bad laying down but as soon as I stand up I think my brain drains 🤣
  • @VRob123 Could be your blood pressure if it's when you stand up? Definitely worth mentioning to the midwife. 
  • @peas_and_love thank you, it was a right pain earlier. Laying on the sofa now feeling much better but with a headache. My bp has always been on the low side so maybe it spikes which my body isn’t used to. I definitely feel like little man has dropped, heavy feeling, very tight belly when I stand and aches 👇down there👇. Plus my indigestion has gone. Wondered if he was laying on nerves or slowing blood flow. I’ll see how I get on in the next few hours and call if it does it again. 
  • @VRob123 no problem. Headache would make sense too if it's bp related. In a normal person your bp drops when you stand up, it's just when something else is going on (I.e. baby!) that you get stuff like dizziness/fainting. Fingers crossed the headache passes soon.
  • I have this a lot @VRob123 and my blood pressure is always on the low side I got checked out but they said it was nothing I get it mostly if I’ve been doing something then sit down but I don’t get headaches so worth giving your midwife a ring 
  • Hi everyone, 

How’re you all? We took the kids away to Devon for a long weekend which was lovely. I was glad to be back in my bed last night though, everything hurts at the moment. 

Sleeping is becoming a thing of the past which is a pain cause I know the baby will have me up all night soon. 

I am not too sure how I feel about people coming round to see the baby. I think if they wear a mask and wash their hands it should be fine. The weather is pretty good at the moment so it would be handy if they could meet her in the garden. X
  • @peas_and_love @Metalchick thank you both, feeling much better now. It’s been a while since I did the dizzy thing. Not long though and we’ll all have our bundles!!! 

@XOXO1 Devon sounds amazing right now! Could just sit on a beach 🏖 
  • That sounds lovely @XOXO1 I’d love to get away atm although I live in Cornwall I’m not much of a beach person lol I like a city break but not right now 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions