Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Morning everyone :)
  • Hello @Becks379, aww a due date buddy ☺️ Been going well so far, I’ve been having extra scans at mo as my first baby was born at 26+5 but all is looking good so far. How’s pregnancy going for you? Do you know what your having or keeping baby a surprise? X
  •  @Manning3 Aww I'm glad, I've got to have another scan too because they can see what looks like another small sac but they dont know what it is or why it's there it doesnt seem to be causing ang harm to baby but they want to check it out, other than that pregnancy is good and heartburn has started to kick in :s 
    Yes we found out at 16 weeks having a little girl x
  • @Becks379 oh really, it’s good they are doing extra checks anyway and keeping an eye on it. Glad your pregnancy going well tho. Aww a little girl 💗x
  • I haven't taken any pics for a few weeks now, the time is just flying and with the shock at the scan I just haven't really thought about it. But I took a photo today, and bump is getting bigger :) 

Has anyone else taken recent photos?x
  • @SmithL35 hi Hun! How you doing? This is my bump although it’s usually tiny in the morning 🙈
  • Awwww @VRob123. I am ok thank you, have been doing research on the heart condition so feeling loads better :) x
  • @SmithL35 oh I’m glad you’re feeling better, a lot to suddenly have pushed on you ❤️
  • I had a call from a midwife earlier, asking if we want to do the test to check for chromosome abnormality.....when I checked that there was a risk of miscarriage and she said yes I told her were don't want it. We will see what happens when he is born and love him unconditionally whatever x
  • MetalchickMetalchick Regular
    edited May 6, 2020 3:47PM
    No new bump pic I’m going to wait till Sunday when I hit the 24 wk milestone 

im glad you’re better about it @SmithL35
  • Just to let you know ladies there is 50% off on all clothing at Tesco at the minute I got some really good bargains
  • Hi @SmithL35 I have just caught up on what’s been going on and see you’ve had a scary time. So sorry to hear you’ve had a terrible scare, that just have been really tough on you and your husband. I was relieved to see that you’ve since received some positive news and everything is going to be okay. Sending you a big hug xx 
  • Thanks @Metalchick will look online :)

Hello @xoxo1 aww thanks lovely. Yes it was a shock, but I feel so lucky that the amazing sonographer picked up on it. We are going hypnobirthing sessions with ny husbands friend who is a midwife, and had our third session Tuesday. She was saying how that issue is only noticed around 50% of the time on a scan, so I was really pleased that it was picked up on and managed so quickly!! I can't rate the nhs enough, all the people we have dealt with this week have been amazing!! I am so pleased and reassured that once he is born he will be monitored :) 

We had a call from a midwife yesterday asking us if we want to do the test for chromosome abnormalities, as there is a risk he has them now. We have said no, the risk of miscarriage would stop me doing anything! Can I ask what others would do? X
  • I think it’s a very personal decision @SmithL35 I did after my 12wk scan came back high risk I had the cvs we just wanted to be prepared, don’t get me wrong I was absolutely terrified and had a little breakdown on the way to the hospital not knowing if I was doing the right thing but I’m very glad I did now, have you spoken to your midwife friend  what is it they would do an amnio? 
  • Ah ok, oh that's helpful to know that you've had it and it has been ok. Yes they'd said amnio. She said same as you, it is a personal choice. I think because I had two early losses last year I just can't face the idea of another. I am still terrified that we won't end up having him but the consultant said that whilst he is in there and has a good oxygen supply he should be fine x
  • @Metalchick is the baby clothing reduced aswell?
  • @LM4900 yes it’s 50% absolutely everything it’s really good 

@SmithL35 I really feel for you it’s a tough decision have they said he’s got a big risk of a chromosome disorder? Tbh I don’t know what I’d do in your situation I went through with it at 14 wks as it said a high risk for downs and I just wanted to be prepared I would have driven myself mad throughout the rest of the pregnancy not knowing and it was great getting the all clear, this far on after feeling baby and everything I don’t know what I’d do best thing you can do is talk it all through with your oh and make the best decision for yourselves xx
  • @Metalchick well we had low risk on the tests which makes me hopeful that there might not be problems.....they couldn't give us a risk in terms of % or high/low as they kept saying it is quite a new problem to be found so there isn't lots of research as yet. That's why in the letter the consultant said they would follow families who are diagnosed now so that they could build research. 
    The other thing that I keep holding onto is that they'd said children with this De George syndrome, which is what the chromosome abnormality is called, often have facial differences. But at the scan last week he looked in detail at the face and said everything looked ok. 
    We both said straight away that we weren't wanting to find out and neither of us have changed our mind, I just really hope that everything will be ok xx
  • I’m sure it will @SmithL35 from what you’ve been told it does sound positive and I think you’re doing the right thing will they be monitoring you more during the rest of your pregnancy 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions