Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2021

Replies

• @Yorkie87 Those lines look perfect!

I'm saving my other FRER until Monday which is when I should be 15DPO. I've got a tonne of cheapie OneSteps though so I'm planning to do those each day, today's was definitely visible compared to yesterdays barely there. I expected TTC to take a while, but this was our first cycle trying. So I've got something daft like 20+ OneStep dip tests left. 
  • Sorry if I’m being naive but why all the pregnancy tests? You can’t have a false positive as they work in detecting hormones  that are only present when you are pregnant? Surely 1 is enough?
  • @Curiosity101
    Good plan, I used the cheapies too, so nice to keep seeing the line until you get proper medical confirmation isn’t it?? 
    Can’t wait to see your FRER line! 
    We’ve decided to book a private scan when I’m 10 weeks, as local restrictions at the moment means that I’ll be doing all apts on my own, so a private one will potentially be the only one my other half can come to 😢 xx

• Sazy1980 said:
    Sorry if I’m being naive but why all the pregnancy tests? You can’t have a false positive as they work in detecting hormones  that are only present when you are pregnant? Surely 1 is enough?
    When you’re an anxious crazy lady (me!) it’s nice to see the line get darker as your HCG levels rise. Since the bleed I had, I’ve been very nervous about miscarrying xx
  • I’ve had 2 miscarriages previously, I’ve booked an early scan for next week for reassurance. Probably works out cheaper than all the tests! 😆 I would panic if suddenly the lines were not as dark!!
  • Yes, we’re going to book an early one too, love seeing that little peanut wriggling around ❤️
  • I'm planning an early scan too. Hoping to aim for ~7 weeks pregnant, so probably 3 weeks from Monday. However we've just been moved into Tier 4 so I'm not sure what the rules will be for private ultrasound clinics. 

@Yorkie87 I thought the rules around partners being allowed to attend scans had changed. I was under the impression they were allowed now. 

https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/maternity-services/maternity-services/visiting-attending-maternity-services
  • yeah should be fine, we are tier 4 and my OH is allowed to come with me, just have to mask up and sanitize etc 👍🏻
  • My local hospital (I used to work there) is still not allowing partners, but I get it, they’re in a real mess at the moment! 
    Can still have partners in private scans though (amazing how money scares the covid away isn’t it?! 😂)
    ugh, the nausea has hit me big time this morning 🤢 xx
  • @Yorkie87 That sucks. I guess it should depend on local case levels though. You're definitely right, if they're already maxed out with Covid then they really don't need extra people in the hospital that don't need to be there. 

🤞 When we get to the 12 week scans things have started improving. I think for me my 12 week scan should be around the 1st March ish.

I'm looking forward to booking a private scan. I'm aiming for 29th Jan. I should be 7w4d. 🥰 
  • Hi everyone! I’m due 6th sept 2021 with baby number 2. Does anyone know how midwife appointments are working with Covid? Last time around I just saw my midwife in the dr surgery but I have no idea what to expect this time 🙈. No symptoms yet but I think I’m only just coming up to 5 weeks so early days 😬 Congress to everyone in the group xx
  • *congratulations 
  • @Lyra1984 I'm not sure, you can ask the midwife when you self refer though? I'm guessing it varies by area.
  • hi i was wondering if anyone could help me out, my last period was 3rd December which was my normal 5day period, i had alot of unprotected sex then from the 17th to the 19th December, on 22nd December i had a little pinky/brown discharge which then got heavy but went away day 3, since then i have been feeling so tired  cant get enough sleep, mild cramping and lower back pain here and there my next period was due 29th dec and today i am 4 days late no period, done test and negative. on the 29th i did start spotting instead of period, its a really light pink colour and only when i wipe, does not fill a sanitary towel or anywhere close to filling it. if i was pregnant i would only be 2 weeks so wpuld it be too soon to get a positive result or could i just not be pregnant 
  • Hey all. How's everyone doing today? I'm really trying to enjoy this lull before morning sickness kicks in 🤢. I'm roughly 4+1 today 😊
  • Hi Guys! New to this, my last period started on the 14th of Nov and still haven’t had one since? Done numerous tests ( I’ve become obsessed) all negative. Should I just assume it’s down to something else or wait a little longer and do another test? I came off the Depo injection in March and since June/July had pretty normal ish periods one every month and only lasted 4/5 days. Had no luck getting pregnant yet but not going to give up! I’ve read up that the depo can take up to a year to 18 months to get out of your system! 
  • Sorry add on for the one above, my last depo injection was end of December 2019 but would of run out end of March 2020 
  • Hey all. How's everyone doing today? I'm really trying to enjoy this lull before morning sickness kicks in 🤢. I'm roughly 4+1 today 😊
    I’ve felt awful for days now 🤢 I’m 6 weeks today, half way through the first trimester at least! I have my first scan tomorrow, excited & nervous in equal measures!! 
  • Sazy1980 said:
    Hey all. How's everyone doing today? I'm really trying to enjoy this lull before morning sickness kicks in 🤢. I'm roughly 4+1 today 😊
    I’ve felt awful for days now 🤢 I’m 6 weeks today, half way through the first trimester at least! I have my first scan tomorrow, excited & nervous in equal measures!! 
    Ooooo first scan in the group, how exciting! Can’t wait to see pics ❤️
    I’m 5+3 today, getting waves of nausea if I’m thirsty, but not too bad so far 🤞 I’m really struggling with appetite though, I’m so tired by the evening, I could just go to bed without dinner! Very odd, as last time I couldn’t stop eating 🙊 
    I found the best things for nausea were Gin Gin sweets from Holland and Barrett and travel sickness bands xx
  • missl2898 said:
    Hi Guys! New to this, my last period started on the 14th of Nov and still haven’t had one since? Done numerous tests ( I’ve become obsessed) all negative. Should I just assume it’s down to something else or wait a little longer and do another test? I came off the Depo injection in March and since June/July had pretty normal ish periods one every month and only lasted 4/5 days. Had no luck getting pregnant yet but not going to give up! I’ve read up that the depo can take up to a year to 18 months to get out of your system! 
    Hey girl, I would try posting this on one of the TTC threads, you might get some more help there xx