Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021

Due in September 2021

1181920212224»

Replies

• @Curiosity101 wow you are really going to whole yard aren't you! I would be very on edge if I was working up until due date! But fair play to you and makes sense from everything you've said in terms of promotion and saving holiday! Especially with another young child!

Have you got much left to buy? It's mainly clothes for me but trying to hang off as long as possible so I have a vague idea of what the weather might do i.e. are we in for more rain come Sept or might we get the long awaited heat wave!!! 
  • @TeeAli22 haha yeah 😅. I basically said to my manager that I'll set my maternity start date as my due date and we'll just have to see how I get on. He was very clear that I should do what's right for me and the baby but I just couldn't feel comfortable bringing my maternity start date any earlier that it 'needs' to be. Realistically we're in the 'danger zone' from mid Aug onwards which my manager is aware of so we'll have done all handovers by then just incase the little man makes an early appearance. But it's still better for the team etc for me to be in and working than on leave. 😄 My husband suggested finishing early cause "It'd be so lovely to have 2 weeks off  where you can do whatever you want and our toddler is with the childminder". I was like... "You're joking right? Just sitting about uncomfortable like a beached whale wasting days that I could have with my baby when I don't feel like utter rubbish?!". 

Rant over 🤣😅

And no, nothing left to buy. We already had all the clothes from our first baby. We've got a Next to me magic set up ready. Even his cotbed is already set up. We do need to grab a few bits out of the loft like his Joie Rocker (also from our first baby). I am still procrastinating over a double pram and an ergobaby 360 carrier but do already have a single pram, babybjorn carrier and a stretchy sling carrier so technically don't need anything else. 

• @Curiosity101 hahahah men hey! They just never understand!  :D 
    You're very organised with everything tho! I'm sure it helps it being your second so you've already got a lot of things. I've got a list of a few bits that are essentials I need to get before baby is here then I've got a list of nice to have's or things that can wait until after baby is here!
    I'm not sure how much more I can physically stretch tho! I feel like I'm at my limit but I've got 9 weeks to go! I'm sure everyone feels like that but I can't wait to just be able to get out of bed or off the sofa without so much effort!!! haha!
  • @TeeAli22 You've got plenty of time yet. 😊 You'll get it all sorted. 

What's left on your essentials list?

And yes I totally feel you on the size thing. My tummy skin is definitely getting tight now as I'm almost the exact size I was with my little boy. It's going to be weird getting past 33+2 and being the 'most' pregnant I've ever been. I'm also curious to see what stretch marks I get. I got 2 or 3 stretch marks last time, each was just 1 inch long. But I've got 7 (or more 🙈) weeks of growth past 33 weeks this time. Wondering if I'm gonna end up a tiger mommy 😅🤣
  • TeeAli22TeeAli22 Regular
    edited Jul 7, 2021 2:23PM
    @Curiosity101
    I think the main things for me to get before little one is here are changing bag (I will use this as baby's hospital bag as well), muslin cloths, steriliser and something for baby to sleep in (blankets / gro bags / sleeping bags etc. but unsure what weather/temp will be like so waiting to get these until closer to the time). And then I need some bits for me ... maternity pads, big-ass knickers, nursing bras etc. If I get one thing a week from now until arrival I should be fine! 

And oh wow you went into labour at 33+2 last time did you? Was that spontaneous or was it for medical reasons? That made me feel queasy thinking that could be us in just over 2 weeks time haha!

Have you had any additional stretch marks up to now? When do people usually start getting them or is everyone different? Might sound like an odd question ha but I haven't seen any yet so just wondering if I should expect them later? I would have thought I'd get them as I've got some on my hips from when I was about 15 and went through a growth spurt! Tiger mum makes them sound super cool ... I will definitely use this phrase! :) 
  • Just realised how soon some of you are due!!! Good luck to all and can’t wait to see the baby announcements! X
  • @Olivia1990 how are you doing? 

Has anyone gone into labour early? I can’t believe how quick it’s all come around! 

37 weeks for me tomorrow! Had a growth scan yesterday and baby is now the right way with head almost fully in my pelvis 🥳 estimated weight yesterday was 5lb14oz! 
    Just a waiting game now! 

Hope everyone is doing well x 
  • Yeah I’m okay thanks! I’m half panicking I need more time and the other half SO DONE! Haha! Absolutely knackered with a two year old to run around after! But equally trying to soak up the last few weeks of having time with just her with a weird sadness for her that she won’t be my entire everything anymore and have to share me. Even though I know having a sibling will be the best. It’s a strange one! 

Glad the growth scan went well :) it’s all VERY exciting!! 
  • We had our little boy last week. I cannot believe he is a week old already. We have had a few challenges with breast feeding but we a slowly getting there ☺️
  • Ahhhh congratulations @Bunnissa that’s so exciting!! Glad the feeding is getting there and fingers crossed it continues to improve 🤞🏻 What did you call him? X
  • @Olivia1990 because he was born small he gets tired really quick with breast feeding and it has been difficult trying to get him to stay awake during feedings. The lactation consultant has been following as closely though as we can’t risk to much weight loss. So far he is doing great. Mummy and daddy are just really tired haha. 

His name is Kairav which means white lotus opening at moonshine. 
  • Aw congratulations @Bunnissa what did he weigh at birth? 
    How many weeks were you when you gave birth??
    glad he’s doing ok though, the feeding will get there eventually.

I'm booked for induction 29/08, I’ve had a howler of a pregnancy, at the hospital 3/4 times a week because of blood pressure and they have also diagnosed polyhydramnios (extra fluid) hence the induction date. I’ve been getting so many signs that I’m going to go into labour naturally though, kind of want to but equally so tired after running around after a toddler, I can’t even think about going through labour right now! 

I know what you mean about the sadness @Olivia1990 I’m really struggling with the thought of him sharing me, but they adapt so quickly and will never remember a time they were alone (in a nice way!) there will be so many lovely memories of them growing up together. I bought little gifts for them to give each other today 🥰xx
  • @Bunnissa aww congratulations that’s amazing news I’m glad he’s here safe and sound! 

@Yorkie87 best of luck for your induction! Keep us all posted. Sorry to hear you’ve had a tough pregnancy x 
  • @Yorkie87 I was 37weeks and had csection due to IGUR. He was estimated 3%ile and born at 4%ile. Our scans were accurate. Estimate weight 2.2kg. Born 2.3kg and he discharged at 2.2kg. 

Are they inducing you at 37 or 38weeks? Yes I had a very stressful pregnancy which has been hard as a first time mum.  It we got there in the end, and he arrived safely which is all we wanted ☺️

• We didn’t quite make it to September 🙊 
    little Evie arrived on Wednesday after a swift induction because my waters had broken but I didn’t realise! xx
  • @Yorkie87 aww congratulations! 

Hope everyone is okay! Been ages since I’ve been on here! Motherhood is an absolute whirlwind!! 

My surprise little girl arrived on 9th September at 4:42am weighing 6lb6oz! Very quick labour for first baby 🙈🤣

hope everyone is doing well and had a lovely Christmas and new year! Xx 

• Ahh so cute and diddy! That bottom right one 😍 Flora kept us waiting 12 days past her due date and arrived 5th October weighing a whopping 9lb12! Didn’t have the staff for a home birth but had a great water birth at hospital so very lucky! Hope everyone getting on okay and had lovely first Christmas with their babies! We all had covid over Christmas so not what we had planned 🙈