Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2021

Replies

• Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Jan 7, 2021 8:51PM
    @LT8088 I told my husband within half an hour of testing. I found out at 10DPO which was 8 days ago.
  • @LT8088 I told my husband within half an hour of testing. I found out at 10DPO which was 8 days ago.
    Oh wow really!! I’m so tempted to tell him today now!! How far on are you 
  • 4w3d ish 😊

I definitely have all the same worries as you in terms of the fear of losing the baby. But my husband would want to know if that happened and to support me if it happened. I'm not sure he appreciated me telling him so quickly though, cause it was around 6am in the morning 😂🤣

Good luck if you do decide to tell him 😄
  • I don’t need to tell my other half, he knows before I do 🙄😂 
    I showed him the test and he was like ‘yeah I know’ 😂xx
  • I was with my husband when I tested, we found out together 😊
  • So exciting! I will do it tonight!
    It’s so crazy how much you over think everything isn’t it.

My mind all day everyday has been ‘why do I have cramps, is it my period, my cramps have gone away why, what is that pain in my side, wow I feel sick, oh I feel fine now’ it’s just a constant mind f**k!! 
  • I told mine within a few hours ... I'll be 5 weeks on Sunday!
    Any little niggle / pain / feeling of wetness I'm straight to the loo haha! But did another test this morning as it was the last one I had and test line is stronger than the control one so I'll relax a little now! xx
  • yes it’s such a nerve wracking time isn’t it?? I’m finding it easier this time as I have a toddler demanding all my attention so I don’t have time to sit and think as much! 
    I’m really struggling to hide my bloat, my Mum is my childcare and I’m sure I’ve caught her staring at my stomach 👀 I hate these early weeks, I’m rubbish at keeping secrets! xx
  • How is everyone doing? I’m feeling tired and sicky, Ive enjoyed a day on the sofa watching Netflix after a busy week at work! Kids are away at their dads so it’s been the perfect day - just ordered Five Guys for dinner too 😊
  • Oh that sounds lush, I’m so jealous!! 
    I’ve spent my day running around after my 1 year in the park 🤢 my husband has just got home from work now, so he can take over so I can rest 🙌🏼 xx
  • I'm starting to feel a bit sicky now. It's just a hint of morning sickness. Like a sicky lump in the back of my throat all the time. This is how it started with my son as well 😔🤢.

Had a lovely day though. My little boy is 16months and still has a good 2 hour nap each day. I made sure I went to sleep when he did earlier and felt much better for it. 

I'm finding it really difficult to sleep through the night at the moment 🙄. I vaguely remember insomnia in my first pregnancy too. 

I'm very quickly remembering how horrible the first trimester is and I'm only 4w5d at the moment. 
  • Feeling pretty good, a little nauseous and dizzy sometimes. Did another test this morning for peace of mind and it came up positive before the test line appeared so I’m taking that as a good sign. 

Can anyone advise the next step as to when I should schedule a doctorsappointment etc?! I’m very new to all this so sorry for the probably silly questions haha 
  • Morning everyone! 5 weeks today! I don’t really have many symptoms apart from some mild cramps and what I would say feels like growing pains ... is that normal? 

@LT8088 this is my first so I haven’t a clue either 😂 I rang the doctors (I’m UK based) and they told me to ring the local midwifery service. I’m awaiting to hear back from them for my first app. 

Hope everyone is doing well xx 
  • Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Jan 10, 2021 9:11AM
    @TeeAli22 Growing pains are normal. One of the first signs I had of pregnancy was that I sneezed and got a stretching pain between my hips. I recognised it as ligament pain from my first pregnancy. 

Our bodies will have already started producing Relaxin I think. So even though the baby is still teeny tiny and our uteruses are still really small, everything starts beginning to stretch. 

@LT8088 The first midwife appointment isn't particularly exciting. Mostly just paperwork, booking your 12 week scan and doing blood pressure etc. 😊. TeeAli is right though, you normally just call your local midwife unit and self refer, then they'll sort out your first appointment for when you're around 8 weeks pregnant. If you want to number just Google 'Community midwives' and your city and it should come up. If not your GP will have the number. 👍🙂

I referred on Thursday at 4+3. Some areas may ask you to call back closer to 6 weeks, just depends on their system. 
  • @Curiosity101 thanks for the feedback! 😊 I guess I’m just a bit anxious I have no other symptoms ... not that I’m wishing any nausea but feel I should have it to feel more pregnant 😂 I’m sure it will come in time! When are you due? Xx 
  • @TeeAli22 Haha, I definitely understand the anxiety. I feel like mine will ease off a bit once I have an early scan. I'm 5 weeks tomorrow, due 13th September if I've worked it out correctly. 

I'm hoping to get a scan at about 7 weeks 🤞
  • @Curiosity101 aww fab thankyou I will give the doctors a call and schedule an appointment and hopefully they will lead me in the right direction :) 

@TeeAli22 I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t know where to start!! I’m from the UK too but currently living in Australia so I presume it’s pretty much the same procedure haha the symptoms part plays so much on your mind doesn’t it! I’m always panicking when I feel anything it’s crazy!! 

Hope your all staying safe and well especially with all the lockdowns etc xx
  • @LT8088 Oh wow, Australia! Yeah I've not idea what the procedure is there. I imagine the doctors will point you in the right direction though! 😁
  • Hi, I am from Australia and recently moved to Canada. I think you would see your GP who would refer you to an OBGYN. They will recommend one or you can give them someone who you want to see. Before I left Canada I went to my GP got a referral to see an OBGYN someone a friend recommended for our Pre-pregnancy consult. If I was still in Australia I would have just contacted the OBGYN to start prenatal care as I had already started care in our pre-pregnancy consult. 
  • How are we all doing ladies 😁