Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2021

Trying to figure out weeks of pregnancy

Hey ladies I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. I’m just kind of confused on my conception date. I took my pregnancy test 4 days before my period and surprisingly it was positive. Do anyone have any thoughts about this? Has this happened to anyone other than me? If so how far along would that make me?

Replies

• Hey! It gets calculated by the first day of your last period! When was yours?
  • I’m not 100% sure but I believe it was December 11tg
  • You'd be roughly 3.5 weeks (ish)! 
  • Thank you I’m just wondering what would be the day of conception? Or would that be impossible to figure out?
  • I think that unless you track ovulation (temp or use ovulation tests) its not easy to say! Even if you do track, sperm can live for up to 5 days, so maybe you had sex on the Monday, but didn't conceive till Wednesday! Just no way to know unfortunately! 
  • Is it possible to get pregnant 4-5 days before your period date and have a shorter period after and be pregnant?
  • Sorry i don't understand... If you ovulated later (which can happen) and you think you fell pregnant a few days before period was due, you wouldn't have been able to get a positive pregnancy test already as it usually takes about 2 weeks.. about having period and being pregnant im not too sure.. have you started bleeding? Maybe you could have a chat with a doctor...
  • If I had sex on dec 6 and had a abnormal period dec 11 could it be a possibility that I got pregnant between dec 6-dec 11?
  • I took a pregnancy test this Monday and it’s was positive. When I took the test it was 4 days before my period.
  • I’m just trying to figure out if I could’ve gotten pregnant at the beginning of the month or not? I’m at the hospital waiting right now I guess I’m being impatient lol