Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BABY SLEEP webchat - Monday 7 Feb 12-1pm

2»

Replies

• Hi I had the same problem with my little girl and I really stressed about it but she is now getting better. I hold her over my shoulder and rub her (like you would do if you were winding her) and this usually sends her off to sleep. Then I put her in her cot or on the sofa in the daytime on her side and usually keep her dummy nearby. If she stirs I pop it in her mouth and gently rub her back (this is why I place her on her side) and usually this settles her.

It might not be the best way but it works and as long as she sleeps I will continue to do so. image

Hope this helps x
  • Hi again.

We ditched the dummy and it worked really well for the first few days [he wasn't remotely bothered about it, I wish we'd ditched it months ago!]He was waking at 5, having a chat to himself before going off to sleep again until 6.30!

BUT he's started waking early again the last couple of mornings, we had a 4.30am on Sunday! His routine's been a bit disrupted over the weekend, could it just be that?

Thanks

Lisa
  • Hi, its Wendy Dean here, Baby Sleep Expert from the Pampers Village Parenting Panel. Once again I will be answering any questions that you might have about your baby's sleep from 12-1pm today. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you.

Wendy
  • hi, i have a 9week old dd, and while i know not to expect too much from one so young, i'm certain she's not sleeping enough, even my hv is stumped!...for almost 2weeks now she's almost absolutely refused to sleep in the day, for example, last night she had a breastfeed at 9pm, for 45mins, at 10.30 5oz of expressed bm, then another bf at11.30, she then slept from midnight until 3.45 when she had another feed, then she woke again at 6 and again at 7.30...since then she's had several feeds and fell asleep at 11am for 15minutes, then woke grumpy, so fed again, then slept for 5 minutes, she's just han another feed and is wide awke (and now just brought that up, so she's not hungry)...we do plenty of playing with her etc, but she's not sleeping for more than 15minutes max! last week there were a couple of days where she wnet 12hours sleeping no more than 2minutes then awake for an hour...i'm finding it a real struggle as i have 23month old too. thanks in advance
  • Hello

The second part of our chat is in a different chat board called PART 2 (as advertised).

Please jump to the chat here:

http://www.babyexpert.com/community/forums/thread/1441276
  • Hello Nicki, thank you for your question about your 4 week old baby. To answer, its never too early to introduce some kind of routine into your little one's day. Cluster feeding in the evening is actually a really good idea for newborns as it does encourage a longer stretch of sleep once they are put down for the night. Aim to settle him down for his night sleep after a final feed at 11pm. The Soothology routine designed for a newborn that I have worked with Pampers to develop would help you to ensure that he learns how to settle himself off to sleep will a nice full tum at this time. It would also help you to perhaps start to put him down for a nap in his cot. Perhaps aim for 1 per day to start with. Take a look at www.pampers.co.uk/goldensleep. If he is feeding 3-4 hourly through the night then that sounds about right for his age. In effect he has found in his own routine through the night. As he gets bigger the gaps between feeds should extend and he will stop the cluster feed on his own. I hope that helps.

Wendy