Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

CELEBRITY WEBCHAT: MYLEENE KLASS - Fri 10th June, 12-1pm

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hello Jlo79. I'm so glad you asked this question because the answer is SO important, and that is 'mama knows best', and when I say 'mama' I mean you, not your mum, not your MIL, not your friends or anyone else for that matter. In their eagerness to help they will gladly offer advice, some wanted, some not, just adopt the mummy grin and take it graciously (this avoids many fights), and mutter the mantra 'mama knows best'.
  • Options
    Hi Myleene

Were you shocked at how much busier life is with two small children than one? No one warned me how hectic, and loud life would be! How do you wind down after a crazy day?

Thanks xx
  • Options
    Hi nicolaca12. My washing machine. It broke down two weeks ago, and I actually knelt before it trying to coax life out of it. It's doing load after load, and without it my family would disappear under a pile of muslins, babygros and PE kit.
  • Options
    I know that feeling, working from home and just put my third load of the day on!
  • Options
    Hello Jbirch2. It was reported INCORRECTLY that I went back to work after 10 days! This would have been a miracle as I didn't leave the house for two weeks, let alone change out of my pyjamas and walk into a studio. In fairness the work I do allows me to bring my babies (Hero is sitting on my lap right now) and both my girls came down to watch Popstar to Operastar being filmed. If I'm completely honest, I find staying at home the REAL WORK, not only is it relentless, but also a thankless task when you've done three loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen surface a gazillion times, made the beds, and had your partner say 'Glad you're having a day off'. Stay at home mums are the unsung heroes of the world. FACT!
  • Options
    Firstly, I won't lie, it is painful, but you already know this, that's why it's called labour. However, stop listening to everyone's birth stories, horror stories, and husband's version of events. No two labours are the same, my own two were very different. With Ava it was 24 hours of hard work, with Hero it was 2 hours, and I was home with time to pick up a chicken korma on the way, and wish my mum and dad a happy anniversary. You will be amazing, women are amazing. That's why we get the job of doing it.
  • Options
    Hi Leakyloolah. Wind down after a crazy day? Doesn't it just roll over into a crazy night?! I love the madness that two girls bring. I think I find it a little easier going from one to two, than I did going from no children to one, as I have half an idea of what to expect. I have also learnt to just roll with everything, and that chaos is now the order of the day. I have also accepted that I will never drink a hot cup of tea ever again.
  • Options
    Lol! What's a hot cup of tea then?? So do you find yourself eating with the girls at teatime or do you have dinner, just the two of you with a nice glass of wine, of an evening?

xx
  • Options
    Hi Myleene

Am I too late?!

I'm pregnant and am having a nightmare choosing names and agreeing on one with my husband! How did you come up with the lovely names Ava and Hero? Also did you find out the sexes of your daughters at the scan? I can't decide whether to do that either! From a happy mum-to-be with a very indecisive baby mind!

xanthe
  • Options
    Hi again LeakyLoolah. I'm quite militant when it comes to dinnertime as I think it's important for the family to eat together, so I make sure this happens without fail. My second rule at the table is no toys, be that a phone for mum and dad, or a book or toy for Ava. I like it when everyone talks and tells stories of their day. I think when children bury their heads at restaurants in their DS's you/they miss out on so much. This goes for TVs too. BOSSY MAMA!
  • Options
    I found out the sex of both babies. So many people asked if I wanted to keep it a surprise, but the surprise for me would be an alien coming out instead of a 50/50 chance of a boy or girl. With regards to the names, we had a shortlist but after Gray saw the effort of the labour, he left the naming to me.....somehow I don't think he wanted the argument. Wise!
  • Options
    Thank you so much to everyone for all your messages, and for keeping the mummy community going so strongly. I'm off to record my radio show, and feed Hero! If you'd like to stay in touch here's my twitter @KlassMyleene.

PS Keep up the good work - Mama's rule the world! Myleene x
  • Options
    Thanks Myleene! I will definately take that advice on board.