Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dr Miriam Stoppard webchat: Wed 6th June, 11:45am- 12:45pm

2»

Replies

• Hi Piggy pops

I can allay your fears about being strapped to the bed in order for your labour to be monitored. There are ambulatory monitors which means you'll be able to walk around for as long as you like. Staying up right so that you use the force of gravity to pull the baby downwards will also helpoto make your labour shorter and hopefully simpler. I hope you have shared your fears with your midwives. Have you considered the possiblity of a water birth which is very relaxing and soothing? If you fancy it, make enquiries.
  • thankyou, as a previous section mummy the hospital are not keen on a waterbirth but something i am keen to try, so will be nagging for!
  • Hi Miriam

I have the most wriggly baby (which I'm not complaining about) I am forever getting little kicks and movements which I love, but at night she seems to get herself in such uncomfortable positions which really dig into me internally and I'm finding it so hard to sleep, by morning she seems to have moved herself around again and it's not so bad. Is there anything I can do to encourage her to move back to a comfortable place before I try to sleep?

thanks in advance
  • Hi Anouks

I am afraid not! I think you are lucky to have the reassurancce of movements and so know that your baby is well. In the last trimester of pregnancy it's always difficult to find a comfy sleeping position. Have you tried lying partially on your side with a pillow under one leg and yoour head turned in the same direction. This seems to rest all your joints and can, if you are lucky, soothe your baby into stillness.
  • Lovely to talk to you. Thanks for your questions and I hope my answers helped you. Miriam
  • Thanks, I know it is lovely, I will get a pregnancy pillow. I have tried humming gently when going to sleep - much to my husbands annoyance image Hopefully she won't have so much night- time energy once she is born!!!

Thanks for the chat - great advice. xx
  • Hi Miriam,

I had my second miscarriage 5 weeks ago. I should have been 10 weeks but a scan showed the baby had died at 6 weeks 4 days. My first miscarriage was in December.

Is there anything I can do to help my cycle get back to normal as nothing is happening at the moment?

I feel as though we can't move on and think about the future until my period returns.

Also, is there anything we can do to avoid this happening again? I find it very hard that the doctors have said they will do nothing untill it happens again.

Thanks