Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

LIVE baby and pregnancy skincare webchat

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi UpsyKayla, I cannot recommend highly enough the wonders of Weleda's Baby Care Range. 100% Natural and full of organic goodness, you simply can't go wrong with these products. I still use them on my 8 and 10 years olds. Janie
  • Options
    Hello Sally, I suggest you try Weleda's baby care range. The Moisture cream is wonderful and can be used all over baby's body. I would also suggest you try Weleda's Nappy Change cream for areas that are a little sore. It has been a wonder cream for my daughters eczema. Good Luck! Janie
  • Options
    Hi Stephe, not sure what you have there Stephe, but try a warm bath with a pop-sock of porridge oats. Knead the bag so the water goes cloudy and have a good soak. You might also like to try Weleda's Calendula and Chamomile baby lotion. Both are very soothing and healing. Do you have any allergies ? Janie x
  • Options
    Hi Stephe, not sure what you have there Stephe, but try a warm bath with a pop-sock of porridge oats. Knead the bag so the water goes cloudy and have a good soak. You might also like to try Weleda's Calendula and Chamomile baby lotion. Both are very soothing and healing. Do you have any allergies ? Janie x
  • Options
    Hi Lizzy, go natural. Its the best skin care you can give your baby. A baby's skin is far too delicate for harsh chemicals. The organic Calendula and Chamomile in the Weleda baby care range will calm redness and soothe the skin. Good luck. Janie x
  • Options
    It's 1pm now so no more questions, please. Many thanks to Janie for her fab expert advice. All members who posted questions, please make sure your registration info includes your email address and postal address so Janie can send out your Weleda Nappy Change Cream samples.
    Thanks!
    Web Ed Nicola
  • Options
    Hi Charlotte, try this tummy rub blend: Add to 50ml of good quality organic base oil such as almond.
    7 drops of rose oil
    6 drops of lavender oil
    4 drops of tangerine
    and massage wherever stretch marks appear. Enjoy. Janie
  • Options
    This is a general response to all of you mums who have asked about eczema. Its terrible to see your child suffer. My own experience has been to avoid any harsh chemicals on your a baby's skin during bath time and after bath. Choose only 100% certified natural products. Caledula is a great healer and has worked for me and many mums I know. If your baby has very sore skin, bathe them in a warm water with a pop-sock of porridge oats. This will calm and soothe the skin. Use only the mildest soap if any. After bath smother the skin in Weleda's Baby Lotion and for extra sore patches, apply the Nappy Change Cream, apply it several times a day. It can be used all over the body not just the nappy area and try to protect any very sore areas from scratching. Avoid any highly scented and colourful products and talc. Don't give up, this stuff really works. A visit to your homeopath can help to speed up recovery as eczema is often linked to hayfever and other allergies. Good luck. Janie
  • Options
    I would be happy to hear from any mums or mums-to-be if you have any further questions about caring for yours and your baby;s skin. Please write to me at info@pure-girl.co.uk. You can visit Pure Girl Organics to read about the products I have mentioned at www.pure-girl.co.uk. Best of luck to you all. Janie xxx
  • Options
    hi im 16wks preg and my skin is reali dry and flaky all over. iv tried so many diff things including e45 but nothing wrks also exfoliating isnt helping any. any suggestions? katie and bump
  • Options
    hi i had a baby 4 weeks ago but i now have skin round my belly thats more wrinkly than my nans has any1 got any quick fix remidies
  • Options
    This webchat is closed. But I'm sure Janie from Pure Girl Organics would be happy to hear from you direct and do her best to advise. Drop her an email on the address above - letting her know that you heard about her via Babyexpert.com
    web ed Nicola
  • Options
    hiya dani it will go down in time there is nothing u can do as it it might take another 4 weeks but it will go is this ur first child mate
  • Options
    hi everyone i am new to this website i have got 4 loving little boys and have gotmy 5th child witch is due on the 4th april if anyone wantsto talku r more then welcome to email me