Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby & toddler sleep webchat Mon 5 July

2»

Replies

• Hi sammie 1884 ,
    It's very difficult in this weather when your baby has eczema .Keeping him cool will help .Paddling pools are a great way in the hot weather to keep cool.Also try and make sure he is in the shade as much as possible and use a sun cream that is for sensitive skin .
    It is just a phase that he is going through , and if you try not to do anything different when you go into him ,in the next 3-4 days he will go back to sleeping well .Try not to take him out of the cot ,or give him a bottle .Make sure that you put him in cool cloting for bedtime so he isn't uncomfortable .Does he drink goats milk instead of cows milk? Try him on that as a few clients that have have been amazed at the results of their baby's skin .
    Good Luck xx
  • Hi Queenie bee ,
    I think they are okay for the first few weeks when you are breastfeeding and want your abby close to you .Also anything is better than the dangers of co sleeping .But I think it also encourages mums to pat or stroke their baby to sleep .I have alot of mums that have used the cot and by 4/5 months old the only way baby will fall asleep is if they pat them to sleep as that is what they do all night .I think a moses basket encourages babies to fall alseep on their own but also you can have baby next to the bed if you want to .
    HOPE THIS HELPS X
  • Thankyou to everone who joined the webchat ,I hope that I managed to help you all .If you need any advice I am always here to help ! Take care
    Big Hugs
    Jo xx
  • Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

• Hi Jo, I hope I am not too late. My daughter is 9 1/2 months, and has always been a great sleeper. 7-7, with an hour in the morning, and 1 1/2 in afternoon. Recently, she refuses to go to sleep in her cot, all she wants to do is stand. I have resorted to giving her her naps in her pram, or feeding her to sleep, neither of which I want to do. Will I be causing myself problems down the line?

How can I teach her to self settle again?

Thanks