Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mon 9 Nov LIVE sleep webchat with Dr Neil Stanley

2»

Replies

• Hi Monique
    Young babies have little if any conception of time they have not yet developed the concept of day and night which is frustrating for adults who have, strong day/night cues may help, lots of daylight during the day and dark during the night. As your daughter gets older she will start responding to the day night cycle and start to consolidate her sleep into the nighttime but this is a developmental thing and so takes time. As mentioned strong day time cures of sunlight and activity with darkness and calm at night may help. In the short term it probably will not do any harm to try switching your schedules if that works for you as in time a proper routine should develop so you should not be doing this for the next 18 years!

regards

Neil
  • Hi Blue xStarx was baby crazy
    There is no right or wrong time to try and get children into a routine but remember from an evolutionary point of view it would probably take a child till they were about 6 years old to naturally develop sleeping through the night so it is perhaps not surprising that it may be difficult to rush a child into such a routine
    regards

Neil
  • Hi all

Thank you for your questions I hope my answers where useful, if I have missed any of your questions I will answer them in the next couple of days in the meantime you may want to look at www.welovesleep.co.uk who have products and advice to help solve you and your baby's sleep problems, including a search by sleep problem facility.
    regards

Neil
  • It's past 1pm now and Dr Neil has to dash off so please no more questions in this sleep webchat. Apologies if your question wasn't specifically answered, but Dr Neil has agreed to produce some general pointers about baby and toddler sleeping and napping, which we will publish on the site later in the week. We'll let you know where and when to find them.
    Thank you for all your Qs, and good luck!
    Web Ed
  • Hi all

Thank you for your questions I hope my answers where useful, if I have missed any of your questions I will answer them in the next couple of days in the meantime you may want to look at www.welovesleep.co.uk who have products and advice to help solve you and your baby's sleep problems, including a search by sleep problem facility.
    regards

Neil

I look forward to your answer image after all others who asked questions after me had answers - and I am coming to the end of my tether with the lack of sleep and would appreciate an answer image
    Stephe
  • Hi Mummy Stephe, I had the same problem with the Dr Miriam Stoppard webchat last week. Take a look at my posts on there if you like. I feel that my questions was just ignored, as other posts which came after mine were answered. I hope you get an answer soon as I know what sleep deprivation is like - torture! Good luck.