Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First Response fertility webchat

2»

Replies

• Thanks to Sharon Trotter,our babyexpert.com users and First Response for another great web session. Our chat has now finished so please do not post any more questions. We are sorry if you didn't get your questions answered this time. We will be here again next week for another fertility inspired live webchat...
  • my daughter is due to go for her 20 week scan end of jan 2010, yet she looks about 7-8 months gone and measures from bottom to top 36cm, if what im reading is true, one week one centimeter, then she must be like 36 weeks, she has seen a midwife once, has a cardiac problem herself and still has symptoms of guillian barre syndrome. She is 5 foot 1 inch and has always been very small in weight, i'd go as far as to say underweight.

Please can someone help us?

Concerned Mother and Grandmother
    Jayne Hewson:\
  • Hi Sharon,

Hope you can help us!
    my daughter is due to go for her 20 week scan end of jan 2010, yet she looks about 7-8 months gone and measures from bottom to top 36cm, if what im reading is true, one week one centimeter, then she must be like 36 weeks, she has seen a midwife once, has a cardiac problem herself and still has symptoms of guillian barre syndrome. She is 5 foot 1 inch and has always been very small in weight, i'd go as far as to say underweight.

Please can someone help us?

Concerned Mother and Grandmother
    Jayne Hewson:\

:\?
  • Hi Jayne
    Sorry for the delay but you just missed the end of the webchat and I had logged out!
    I quite understand your concern but I am sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why your daughter appears to be larger than her dates would suggest. Thank you for the information you gave because this could be the clue. Your daughter is very small in height and there is a large diffference beteen how a woman of 5ft and 6ft will carry a pregnancy. Saying this I wonder if the 20 week scan is the first scan your daughter has had and is she positive about her dates? There are so many variables (like; when did she first feel movements?) but the important thing is she has an appointment and this will confirm exactly how many weeks she is (you should also bring up the history of heart problems). There are many things the scanner will look for and I am sure you will be reassured by the results. Please come back to me if you have any other worries but I am not checking this forum regularly (and I do not get reminders) so please email me directly from my website at tipslimited.com
    All the best and try not to worry
    Kindest regards
    Sharon