Forum home Family life & relationships Family finances


We are ttc and have been researching finances etc. I earn approx ??800 per month and partner is at uni as a mature student but hasnt got a job. Would we qualify for any extra money or just statutory maternity pay as just statutory maternity pay wouldnt even cover our rent.

if anyone knows we'd be very grateful image xxx


  • Hi ya.

    The link below is an article about Maternity Rights:

    From what I understand as well is that if your total household income is less than ??60k per annum then you qualify for more benefits. You can call the Tax Credits helpline on 0845 300 3900 and ask them for advice but I don't think they can give you definite amounts you can claim until your baby is born.

    You may also be able to claim Maternity Allowance but you'll need to go to your local Jobcentre Plus and ask them.

    Hope that helps a bit.

    GP xx
Sign In or Register to comment.

Featured Discussions