Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Stock cubes

Hi, does anyone know of any stock cubes which are ok to use in lo's food? I have some Kalo organic veg stock which has no nasties but does have salt. Is there a certain amount of salt allowed or is the rule just none? I'm making Angelo's food myself but don't fancy making stock! Thanks

Replies

• Hi Missymoo
    I have had the same problem with stock cubes.I did the home made stock when I had my 1st baby but I just do not have the time to do it now I have 2 to think about.
    Anyway after much searching I found that Heinz do a baby chicken stock and vegetable stock which has no salt so is suitable for babies.
    I couldn't find it in any Tesco's but found it in sainsburys with the baby food stuff.I think also that some boots shops do it but haven't found it yet.
    I also looked on Annabel Karmels website and there were a couple of chicken recipies where you could just add water and a bay leaf for flavour so thats worth a try.

Happy Cooking.
  • Hi and thanks melanie M. Ah didn't realise Heinz did a baby stock cube. Will have a look for that. I'm doing well with making lot's of nice home cooked food for my lo but draw the line at home made stock too! x
  • i read somewhere that if you making large batch of food it's ok to use low salt stock cube. i haven't used it myself but use water and herbs/spices etc. one day might get around to making my own stock...yeah right!
  • Kallo also do a low salt veg stock cube. When you look at the ingredients there is no salt added at all, they just aren't allowed to call them salt free. They are in a blue packet if that helps.