Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How much is enough

I don't really know how much my baby should be eating. The health visitor say's 3 meals plus 2 puddings. I was already feeding the 3 meals just not the pudding. So I am now doing this but sometimes she eats a couple of spoons sometimes she eats the equivilant of two desert spoons maybe more. Is there a recommended amount ,what size should her meals be?
I know I should have asked the health visitor but forgot and now I'm back at work part time I can't goto clinic anymore.

BTW Phoebe is 61/2 months old and have been weaning since 17weeks

Anyone know?

Replies

• i didnt know u had to do pudding,lol
    i dont do desert for any of us so never thought evie should have it.
    evie is same age as ur lo, i give her puree fruit with baby rice for breakfast, 2 cubes (anabel karmel cubes) of wat ever for lunch and same for dinner, though i occasionaly give 1 cube food 1 cube fruit for a desert, evie rarely eats 2 cubes though, i just feed her til she has had enough, she still likes her milk image
    i wouldnt worry about how much though hun as all babes r different, evie eats more on some days than others.
    xx
  • Weaning is a nightmare.lol
    It sound like Evie is much the same with her food. I do just the 1 cube at the moment although mine are slightly bigger than the annabel 1s only sometimes does she eat it all.
    We don't have pudding either so hadn't considered it. I guess its for variety but I don't like to give a pud if she won't eat the other. Sometimes shes had enough of food and not interested in the pudding but if I try half an hour later she quite like it. It just means that a meal time can stretch to an hour plus.