Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HELP MY CHILD WONT EAT

hi i have an 18 month old and she wont eat, she wont even try new things ;-( looks at them and gives me them back, i am worried that she wont be getting enough vitimans ect.....anyone else had this prob that can give me some tips??????

thanks x

Replies

• Options
    is there anything that she does like? if so just give it to her, maybe add something else along side it. it's hard to know what to advise i guess it's just trial and error tbh. my l/o goes through phases of not eating but he'll always eat yogurts and raisins, rice cakes.
    she'll not starve herself try not to worry too much. how much milk does she drink?

good luck xx.
  • Options
    thanks, she wont even drink milk she hasn't done since she was around 9months, the only thing she will eat is rice krispies and yougurts, thats the only way i can get her too take milk x x she wont refuse junk food thoimage am scared that she will just have a bad diet x x x
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK JACOB
  • Options
    Hi my lil girl is almost 19 months and sees turned into a tinker at meal times. She prefers to eat with all her little friends at nursery and usually eats really well there, but when my husband and I sit at the table with her she usually picks then says 'No' 'Ta' until you take it away, but she also likes Yoghurts and Rice cakes and raisins. I buy lots of figs and prunes etc to let her chew as it kind of feels like a dummy to her but with flavour. My friends lo didn't get on with this but I told her to buy the lil fruit purees and they work a treat. Its a great way to get good food into them. Make sure you get the 100% fruit with no added junk...like organix, goodies.
    Try not to give into her cravings,don't offer any junk for a week or so,;\) give her plenty of water and not too much juice. Remember they won't starve themselves and it may take a bit of trial and error....and tempers and tantrums, but they will eat when they're hungry.
    One of the other mums at the nursery had this same conversation with me and we discovered that both our lo's eat well at nusery with their friends...so we're both trying to make it a little more fun at home.
    Good luck sweet...don't worry most of us go through it. Kids seem to be like animals some times, they scoff and scoff then seem to starve for a few days. xxxx

[Modified by: Marylou_tk on June 03, 2008 08:59 PM]
  • Options
    hi ya my lo is going though a bad stage at mo he will only eat yogurts and jaffa cakes which he pinches from the cupboard even on a good day i have to feed him jared ood blended as he wont do lump which is expensive ive tries our food not interested im not sure wot to do really
  • Options

try and make meal times fun by making it look colour ful on the plte and making shapes like smily faces. it works a treat with some toddlers. good luck katie 28wks+4 image