Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning - brekkie, lunch and dinner

Hi

I've got a few q's so please bear with me...

I'm currently weaning my 21 week old and currently he has brekkie and dinner.
Brekkie is baby porridge mixed with either mashed banana or homemade apple puree and dinner is homemade veg puree.
So far we have tried carrot, parsnip, broccoli, apple, pear, banana and we're trying potato tonight. The HV suggested introducing lunch next week but I don't know what to give him.
I have the Annabel Karmel book but I'd like to hear some suggestions of other people's daily menus.

Also, the AK book says I can give meaty meals as part of the "first tastes" but can I introduce them at 21 weeks or is that too early?

Lastly, when do I start offering pudding?

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Options
    i think it's 6 months for meat but i could be wrong! i just gave a veg puree for lunch and tea until then. i'd say once he's on 3 good meals a day you can start giving puddings. my l/o's favorite was cauliflower and carrot, sweet potato is good too.
  • Options
    Hi, I am searching for finger food ideas and came across your message, my little boy at 21 weeks was already on pudding, mainly fruit puree but I also gave him the petit filous, they are a great hit.

Your little one will let you know when s/he needs more just go with the flow. My lo is now 31 weeks and getting bored of being fed, even tho his food is very textured, he much prefers feeding himself. It is so confusing with all these guidelines for the average baby, WHO has the average baby.