Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Recipes?

Hi all, my lo is nearly 6 months and is very advanced on the food front seeing as we had to start weaning at 13 weeks. He now eats stage 2 jars with no probs. I would like to make more home made foods for him that haver lumps in but dont really know what to give! Ive mad emy own tomator sauce and done that with pasta which he loved. Hes had salmon with pots and veg mashed up and also like a mini roast mashed up (with gravy!)

Has anyone got any good recipes that their los like with little lumps in? thanks

Replies

• Hi,
    Ive tried a couple of lasagnas and mashed them. My lo absolutely loved them. I think you'll need to wait until you lo is 6mnths plus tho. One of them was a butternut squash recipe I found on line and the link is http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/vegetarian-baby.html
    It's the second recipe down. It made loads of portions which you can freeze
    The other is a variation of a tomato and ricotta lasange I make for us: You need a tub of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, ground nutmeg(optional), a 400g tin of tomatoes(or fresh), half clove garlic, pinch sugar, fresh basil(or I think dried is ok), lasange sheets
    Mix ricotta with a big handful of grated mozzarella & a pinch of nutmeg.
    For sauce: Fry crushed garlic, add tomatoes and basil & little sugar and simmer on low for about 30 mins.
    Grease a ovenproof dish and add lasagne sheets. Spread a layer of the ricotta mixture, then a layer of the tomato sauce, repeat the layers a couple of times and finish with a layer of lasagne then sauce. Cover with foil & cook at 180 degrees for 20 mins, then take foil off and cook for another 8-10min.

It makes quite alot so you could always half the recipe first for him to try. It freezes well.

He also really likes tuna, avocado, plain yogurt, cottage cheese & tomato mixed together (sounds awful but actually quite nice!) xx

• Wow thanks for that, the lasange sounds lovely! Will have to try the tuna thing too! Was it just tinned tuna? x
  • Yeah it's scrummy! I just use tinned tuna, the one in oil rather than water as it's too salty.x
  • Will have to get some in oil then, i persoanlly dont like it i have brine ... things we buy just for our los hey! x
  • I used to make brocolli cheese pasta you can buy really small pasta to go in it and ocean pie too x x
  • Sod small pasta lol the price is rediculous,, i just use normal pasta and cut it up! brocolli cheese pasta sounds yum tho! x