Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hefty's menu ideas!

anyone got any yummy low fat ideas??
any diets anyone has tried that are not stupid and have worked?

Replies

• ive never been a believer in diets im afraid but i do have a suggestion that definatly works for me (3 children and size 10/12)
    eat a balanced diet, it really is simple. include fruit and veg(raw or cooked) but still eat a little of what you fancy ie a roast but limit yourself to 2 potatoes and add a few more steamed veg, a little choccy bar instead or a king size etc. go for olive oil not just plain old cooking oil its great for your skin. eat nuts or seeds spinkled on your usual breakfast to give you a boost. take to drinking your daily water intake to the max. just enjoy your food. the more i stressed over it the more i ate so now ive stopped worringand the weight has fallen off.
    i do walk alot too which helps and i snack on nuts and seeds with a treat of a choccy biscuit or something yummy .
    i hope this helped. good luck
  • hi ya i done wieght watchers after i had my 2nd baby and it worked as long as you stick to it . its a great diet as you get to have all the things you enjoy aswell its all down to portion size and only eating wot ya really need to eat and also if you feel peckish between meals have a glass of water first as sometimes its not always hunger it can b thirst im doing a diet of my own this time as cant find time to go to wieght watchers . all im doing is having bran flakes for breakfast and jacket potatoe with prawns or tuna or even left over chicken from the sunday roast and for dinner i have wot the rest of the family r having just in stead of loads of mash pots i have extra veg and if they r having chips i have new potatoes and so on i snack on crackers or fruit salad with natural yogurt on plus ive just brought the vicky binns video so trying that out aswell
  • i dont diet anymore as all the worry about counting cals and fat made me miserable!
    i just try to eat healthy, cook from scratch, loads of fruit and veg, a bit of wat i fancy wether a sml glass wine or a few choc bics, i also found weight dropped off when i stopped dieting and just fell into a healthier eating routine.
    making smoothies is a good way to fill up and tasty! my fave at the mo is banana,mango and strawberry, i make a jug full and drink through the day (great for kids too) xx