Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby led weaning - anyone tried it?

My Little one is still breastfeeding but I'm interested to find out more about baby led weaning.
Has anyone had any experiences?
Are there any good websites or books?
Thanks, Claire

Replies

• I'm trying to find some info on BLW - it's not easy. There's a book out on 6th November by Gill Rapely (I think).
    I'm trying to find out what foods to start them on and at what time of day. Oh well, keep looking and good luck. Would be interested to know how you are getting on with it.
  • Hi New mummy 08!

I posted the same question on 'Its Not Easy Being Green' website in the Parenting and Caring forum and got a really comprehensive pasted answer!

Well worth reading; I'm sold! Can't wait for little Leon to start being interested in food! Good luck to you too. It would be lovely to know how you get on in the future, are you in a 'my baby was born in...' group too?
    I'm in May2008.

Also there is a Facebook group called baby led weaning which is really interesting as mums from other countries (with different official guidelines!) chat there too.

Cheerio, Claire
  • there is this website on it http://babyledweaning.blogware.com hope this helps
  • Hi Claire
    It would be good to keep in touch and see how each other is going on. Are you on facebook (guess you are as you seggested it for info).
    Cheers Lynn x
  • Hi Lynn!

Yes i;m on facebook so if you join the blw group I'll keep my eyes open for you and then we can chat regularly!!

Claire (and baby Leon)
  • I have just been given some leaflets on this at my postatal group, ounds great! I also found this site - dispite the web address the main info is in english!

http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html#basis

I am also still bf, lo is 11 weeks on sat so will be a while till we give it a go but I think it's good to know about these things early!

[Modified by: lisajoy on September 25, 2008 04:14 PM]