Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pasta & Meat

Just wondering how and when you introduce(d) these foods? Do you puree them or chop them up small and spoon feed or have you given them only as finger foods? And at what point? e.g. do you wait until baby is on more lumpy food first or just go straight from puree to tubes of pasta? questions questions questions... :roll:

Replies

• My girls are 6.5 months and we started first tastes at 5 months. I introduced protein at 6 months but read that all meat should be pureed so their meat dishes are always completely smooth.

Regarding the pasta, they've been having it pureed in a minestrone recipe for a couple of weeks.
    Since they'll now eat banana mashed rather than pureed, I tried them with some unpureed pasta today for the first time and they ate it all. I made an Annabel Karmel pasta sauce and then just added some pasta, enough so that each spoonful would consist of more pasta than sauce if that makes sense! I used the baby pasta stars as they were the smallest ones I can find. Not sure how old your LO is but I'd say if they're over 6 months, give it a go. I had a pureed dish as a back up in case they refused the lumps but they did really well

xx