Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What to feed a two year old

Any ideas what to feed a 2 year old, my little boy refuses to eat much more than saugage, pizza or porridge and still has runny nappies and ive been told should be solid by now (i know not a nice topic, but worrying for me) think it might be his diet, Any ideas

Replies

• Options
    Apparently it can take a child up to 10 tries of a new food before they actually eat it,so i would keep trying with 2 new foods on their plate along with their favourite food and even if they just put the food to their mouths praise them and use stickers everytime they put a new food in their mouth. Encouragement and praise is a must for children when you are trying to get them to try and eat new food.
    Good luck!!x
  • Options
    my two year old is terrible just now. she does eat most things but i cant get her to eat veg she licks it and then leaves it. I`ve tried to disguise it and she spits it out! It must just be a phase they are going throught, try not to worry too much.
  • Options

my little girl wont eat and now shes loosing weight and it kills me to see her like this, i use to force her when i was staying with her but now im back to work and i think the nanny dont even bother feeding her shes lost so much weight and in scared that she will get sick. i dont know if i should leave work and stay with her im just so scared for her

• Options

my 2 year old can be picky too and goes in different phases. I choose organic whenever possible, nitrate free lunch meat, and avoid food additive chemicals. he loves sliced apples, grapes, and loves loves baby tomatoes. a few things he has eaten are quesadillas with turkey and avocado, chicken noodle soup and ill toss in some extra veggies like carrots, chicken nuggets, baked French fries, cheese pizza, miso soup with noodles, grilled cheese, and mac n cheese from whole foods and ill let him throw in some extra cheese and stir it image and he must have his grape tomatoes at every meal or he'll remind me lol

• Options

Have you tried just giving whatever you're eating?

• Options

I prefer for breakfast, cearal or oatmeal. maybe one egg and a piece of toast.
    for lunch, half a pbj sandwhich, sliced apple, & milk, or a lunch meat sandwhich (1/2) with sliced tomatos or green beans with milk. or a soup that has chicken bullion, tomato sauce, noodles, and veggies.

dinner, what ever is for dinner, but with smaller portions.

• Options

I find my little girl loves pasta, cheese pasta, tuna, chicken, vegetable even pot noodles, I think little ones like things that take less time chewing as they get bored easily and can't be bothered eating it 

• Options

Thank goodness my son isn't a picky eater. I've never had this dilemma. Try the advice here though.

http://www.thebump.com/a/creative-meal-ideas-for-toddlers

The idea is to make it fun for them so you can catch their interest. 

P.S. The only thing my son doesn't eat is bitter melon. I don't blame him though. I don't eat the stuff either. :D

• Options

I just keep offering them things I eat. It varies day to day what they will actually eat but I'm starting to see some trends.

• Options
    Porridge, raisins, rice cakes, beans, loadsa stuff