Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning - which formula? No HV!!

My son is 6 months so I'm about to start weaning him - he's been happy on standard formula so I haven't rushed him into weaning. I'm not sure whether I should keep him on his normal formula as I start to wean, or whether I should change to the follow on one designed for 6 months onwards. I'm guessing that he needs the nutrients from the 6mth+ formula, but will he miss out on anything from the first type of formula? I'm in the middle of moving house so don't have a HV at the minute, otherwise I'd ask them! Any thoughts? :\?

Replies

• Options
    hey,

we were told at my postnatal group that there is no need to change formula at 6 months, espcially if your lo is so happy with it.

welome to this forum and good luck with the weaning! It can be great fun!

Lisa
  • Options
    hey,

we were told at my postnatal group that there is no need to change formula at 6 months, espcially if your lo is so happy with it.

welome to this forum and good luck with the weaning! It can be great fun!

Lisa
  • Options
    Hi, I was told by my health visitor that follow-on milk is not necessary...my little girl is 7 months and we are still using the same formula. Good luck with the weaning.