Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help! My baby gags and vomits at all foods.

My baby girl is 7 months old and we have been weaning her on purees since she was about 6 months.

She chokes and gags A LOT which usually ends in projectile vomiting. We tried baby led with a few finger foods thinking she could just chew at her own pace but this also gagged her and ended in vomiting.

I spoke o HV and they said not to worry and she will get used to feeding in her own time. I was wandering if anyone had any similar experiences or any advice. I am so tired of changing her outfint, my outfit and mopping our dining room floor after every meal.

I HATE feeding her and I was so excited about weaning her. It is so upsetting and stressful.

Any advice welcome??!!

Thank you

[Modified by: broodymummy on 04 December 2009 20:32:10 ]

Replies

• Sorry i have no experience of this but how about letting her dip her fingers in the purees or only putting tiny amounts on the spoon.

I think its just a case of taking it really slow.

xx
  • Thanks, I will try that. I just worry she isn't getting all the food she needs at her age like the protein, carbohydrates etc. I think you're right though. I need to just not worry and take it slow.
  • We had a better day today having taken some more advice from the HV. We have let her play with some finger foods, she did gag and vomit on one bit but that was after a good while playing, sucking and squishing the bits of food. I felt this was a good step forward. We will keep going.
    Thanks again for your advice. It's all so new and worrying sometimes! x

[Modified by: rosieroo85 on December 09, 2009 06:34 PM]

• I would take it slow with her. She has only been weaning for a month or so and maybe hasnt felt ready. I hope she is managing better now.

What are you giving her?

[Modified by: denise007 on December 17, 2009 10:23 PM]