Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

eary weaning

hello, i#m in need of advice, my son who is 9+ weeks old is starving, hungry baby formuls just isnt filling him up for long, has anyone tried baby led weaning? x x image

Replies

• Could he be going through a growth spurt? I was breastfeeding when my lo had one and it made me give up BF and turn to the formula in desperation. It was like he was starved for days on end!! How much milk is your lo getting and how often? When I introduced formula, the amount that it said on the tin for his weight was not enough so he has always taken more i.e. when he was supposed to only have 3oz I had to give him 5oz cause he screamed the place down with hunger.
    I hope this helps
    xx

[Modified by: denise007 on April 09, 2008 01:18 PM]
  • hello my little girl is 14 weeks and only goes for 2 and half hours with each feed she has about 5 ozs every feed and she is a good weight but she has started chewing her hands and watching us eat so i have bought some baby rice just in case she gets so tearfull and wants more... If he seems unhappy have you thought of putting him on a stronger milk maisie went on stronger milk at about 6 weeks cos she was so hungery... i think its upto you if you feel he needs more... xx
  • hello my little girl is 14 weeks and only goes for 2 and half hours with each feed she has about 5 ozs every feed and she is a good weight but she has started chewing her hands and watching us eat so i have bought some baby rice just in case she gets so tearfull and wants more... If he seems unhappy have you thought of putting him on a stronger milk maisie went on stronger milk at about 6 weeks cos she was so hungery... i think its upto you if you feel he needs more... xx