Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else's lo refuse jars?

Caleb normally gets fresh food pureed but I've tried him on jars the odd time because in the new year I'll be going over to visit a friend in England and can't very well pack the blender! trouble is he clamps his mouth shut at the first taste of ANY jar.....!

Replies

• My daughter had very little jars at the start and went straight off them as she didn't like the taste. I was glad to be honest as I preferred her to eat home cooked food. She is 15 months now and a great eater. I am a fussy eater and she is a better eater than me. I do understand where you are coming from but I am sure your friend won't mind you cooking over there. Why dont you find out if she has a blender before you go. I am sure she won't mind you asking her.
  • hello all
    i know its a bit late but i just tot id say thatu can get little baby food blenders
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Blender-Lindam/dp/B000NC8E6M
    there really good
    hope this helps image
  • My little one (boy, 13 months) will not touch anything out of a jar. Its home cooked for him all the way. I blame myself for not introducing him to jars early enough - I waited until he was 11 months before trying, and he won't touch them. He either clamps his mouth shut, or sticks his tongue right out with the spoonful of jar food on it for me to wipe it off. He will eat yoghurts and fruit from jars (but I tend to make my own anyway - in for a penny in for a pound), but nothing savoury. arggghhhh!