Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sandwich fillings

Hi ladies

Hope you and your LO's are well

I'm starting to give Spencer (10 months) sandwiches and fruit for lunch but I'm running out of filling ideas. He loves butter & marmite, cheese spread but I want to expand his palate a bit. He's not a fussy eater at all and has no known allergies so I'm happy to accept all suggestions.

Thanks x

Replies

• i combine cheese spread & marmite, peanut butter with jam, marmite on it's own, jam on it's own, chicken spread, wafer thin ham & with a slither of salad cream, the salad cream on it's own & mashed banana. The banana can be combined too witht he peant butter but lo is prob too young for PB at the mo.
  • Thanks. Can I combine stuff with shop-bought mayo?
  • my lo loved avocdo spread on bread or pitta, just need a really ripe avoado so u an just spread it rather than mashing it first. xx
  • yesterday jack had tuna mayo. he likes choc spread. peanut butter ( i know hes only 1 next week but surely the lnger you leave it the more likely they re to have a reaction?!) cheese spread which i hate. havent tried him on marmite as the smells makes me gag!
    ham has also been tried.

and he liked my chicken salad sandwich from gregs.

what else can he have?

banana in a sandwich just seems weird to me!
  • joshua loves tinned tuna, dairylea spread, cheese, jam, chicken and we had some left over salmon the other day and he loved that as well x
  • jayden loves chicken sandwiches, but the thinnly sliced ones. Also he likes of jam. We are pretty new on sandwiches and the moment so havent tried much. Even though we have no nut allergies in the family im still very wary about trying him with peanut butter x
  • Hi i have only tried Benji on cheese spread sandwiches once and he just played about with them and mashed them into his high chair and all over himself!(he does this with toast too!)lol i will try again but he tends to clutch food in his fist and make a real mess but is a good eater...would try cheese,cheese spread,jam,wafer thin Ham and chicken,egg,tuna,Banana and yeah im too unsure about using peanut butter!
  • Ellie loves her grated cheese sandwiches or cheese spread sandwiches. I am going to try marmite and jam this week wehn I get out to the shops. Should you give them normal jam or low sugar ones???