Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Pasta sauces

Hello, has anyone got any sauces i can make to go with pasta for my one year old?? It would be really appreciated if someone can post the recipes, im lookin for a carbona and a tomato type sauce. Hes a fussy eater so im tryin to find new recipes and get new ideas. Thanxs very much.

Replies

• my lo. loves pasta with tomato sauce. i either fry onion/celery/ peppers in a pan then add chopped tomatoes and cook it down (if he really fussy youcould puree it) and the other is her favourite where i just cook down some chopped tomatoes (tinned) and add peas and corn. (she always clears that one). i also add tuna to the first sauce sometimes.xx
  • I make a really simple tomato sauce by frying a chopped onion adding a tin of chopped tomatoes and some basil, once cooked down I blend and pour over pasta, nice with grated cheese on top.
  • I use the same more or less the same recipie for carbonara for Millie that I use for us. Chop some good quality ham into small pieces and fry in olive oil, add some crushed garlic and when softened a little bit of stock (I use wine here for grown ups!) Pour in some double cream and simmer untill slightly thickened. Stir in plenty of parmasan untill melted and bob's your uncle. For adults you can stir in one egg yolk per person at the end to thicken but as they don't end up tottaly cooked I wouldn't bother for lo's.
  • Spinach & ricotta is also nice and easy. Chop and fry onion and a little garlic, add chopped spinach (frozen or fresh) and heat until it's wilted, stir in ricotta. You can add abit of cream if it's too thick. I have been blending this for my lo, he really loves it. x
  • Here is a good Annabel Karmel recipe
    Napolitina Pasta Sauce..
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
    1/2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
    50g carrot peeled and chopped
    200ml/7floz passata
    3 tablespoons water
    2 fresh basil leaves (i use dried)
    1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon cream cheese
    Heat the oil and saute onion, garlic and carrot for 6 mins. Add passata and water,basil and parmesan. Cover and simmer for 15 mins, puree sauce and stir in cream cheese. Mix with pasta and serve.

Hope this is helpful, my lo Erin who is almost 9 mnths loves it.