Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

need help with weaning ( sorry if i sound abit thick)

hi my son is 5 months old and has been weaning since he was 17 weeks old. at the mo he is having 1 jar of stage one baby food and a baby yoghert ( which on the packet says is ok from 4 moths) a day. i just wondered when i can start giving him the same food that my oh, my daughter and i eat. ive read loads of lefltes about weaning but they all seam to say that you can introdue different foods (ie pasta,meat,cheese) at different ages so im not 100% sure what is right age to be giving different foods. :\?

Replies

• Options
    ive always cooked my own food for my children from 4months its pureed veg (carrots,potatoes,sweet potatoes,apples,pears,parsnip,courgette,swede)
    from 6months anything including meat and fish they cant have offal in till they are a1yr old
    dont add salt to your cooking if your baby is eating the same as you
    my daughter is 7 months old and eats the same as we do me just blend it down for her and what ever veg is left over gets blended down and freezed for lunch for her and she has been since she was 6months
    by the way im emma mum to stephen 5yrs,christopher 3yrs,mollie is 2yrs and abbie is 7months
    i hope that helps you
  • Options
    yes thats a big help ladies thanks. its good to know that my son can start to eat the same meals as us on about a months time. it'll be so much easyer then buying jars ect. oh just another quick question please oh old does lo have to be before you can add cow milk to there food ( i think its a year but just wanna dobble check) thanks x.