Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Party food- inspire me!

It is E's first birthday next week! (I have no idea where this year has gone!) and we just have family and NCT friends coming over. Im putting out some nibbles and drinks for the parents but wondered what to do for the little ones. There will only be 6 of them and the party is at 2 so they would have had their lunch but wanted to do something for them!

All I have on my list so far is fruit!

Replies

• Options

Can they not just have what the adults have? Sausage rolls and the like? It is a party after all?  Other than that you could do little sandwiches, raisins, cheese, veg sticks, boiled eggs?  Z just has what we do so I dont tend to do separate.

• Options

I've always done what Porkchop says and just done the same as adult party food..sausage rolls, sausages, cheese, sandwiches, scotch eggs or boiled eggs, salad bits, crisps, biscuits, cake!

Otherwise maybe things like veg sticks, breadsticks, dips, something like quiche or the cheese and lentil bake from the blw cookbook, sandwiches, raisins, yoghurt, fruit pots etc

• Options

I'd just do some sticks of veg, maybe with some hummus. Maybe mini muffins or something? Savoury ones if you don't want to do sweet, like cheese and spinach? Depends how creative you want to get and how much time you've got. They'll be more than happy to nibble on the adult stuff too.

Seth went to several first birthday parties this year and he was so excited by it all he hardly ate anything so I wouldn't worry about putting too much extra effort in just in case it goes to waste :)

• Options
    i am so sorry it has taken me so long to reply!

i think you are all right, it will be so much easier! I have bread sticks and humous and sausages and sausage rolls plus some bear shaped farleys rusks, I'm sure that will be fine! Not used to party planning for this young!
  • Options

How was your baby birthday party sorry i'm late to join but want to know ?

• Options
    I'm having my sons first birthday party this weekend....the theme is one fish two fish red fish blue fish... I thought about just doing a bunch of different appetizers...since the party time is 1:00-4:30...and it's just going to be mu husbands family...and there's no children...just adults....and was going to get a chickfila platter of nuggets...I'm going to make cupcakes...and a fruit tray? what else should I do...what recommendations or ideas do y'all have...what other appetizer would be yummy and go well with the platter....any ideas? I'm just really pretty much at a loss? Help and ideas are very much appreciated! Thanks