Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

MEAL PLANNER FOR TWO YEAR OLD

Hi

I am new to this particular forum but coming across from Jan/Baby/Twins. I am new mum to 8 week old twins and a 26 month old and wondering if anybody can help me:-

My dd is a fussy eater - generally has porridge/rice crispies/weetabix for breakfast and will have mash and veg for dinner but I am looking for more ideas for tea/snacks. She loves yoghurt and would happily live on yoghurt. She used to like Muller Rice but gone off that now. She likes brown bread but her sandwich is bread and butter. Will not eat cheese/ham/jam etc

Just wondering if ye could give me some examples of a daily menu in the life of your toddler?

Replies

• Isaac is the opposite, he eats pretty much anything.A typical day for him is
    Breakfast cereal or toast
    Mid morning fruit ie apple banana grapes or humzinger bar
    Lunch sandwiches with ham/cheese tomatoes cucumber pepper cut up or scrambled egg made with cheese triangle and yoghurt somedays quavers
    Mid afternoon biscuit or fruit
    Tea time Family meal lasagne spag bol, sausage and mash, chops, pasta meatballs, shepherds pie followed by yoghurt or banana sometimes both.

I found that my oldest 2 were quite fussy eaters but my youngest 2 eat anything, Funny when they have all been bought up on the same meals but when the older 2 were younger we didnt sit down to tea as a family very often, dont know if that is what has made the difference with the younger two.
  • Hi.
    Benjamin has either toast with peanut butter and a banana or weetabix,mixed with raisens and a banana.
    Some days he will eat almost anything but other days will hardly eat anything except his brekkie and a yogurt
    I always find giving him fish does the trick,i usually get those fish in sauce that is in a bag you can boil(or pop in microwave for 3mins)mix with some mash and veg and he will eat every bite!!!
    I make him smaller versions of wat i eat,shepards pie,spag bol,corned beef hash,chilli and curry(mild versions)tuna pasta,potato bakes.
    Quick meals are hotdogs,mini pizzas,ommlettes,
    He isnt that keen on sandwiches,though i have tried him on several fillings,most goes on the floor.
    How about egg mayo.tuna mayo,though in Bens case most ends o the floor and in the dog lol.
    Good luck!its pretty much trial and error,and like i say somedays Ben eats well,other days just picks...I just keep trying him on things,he went through a phrase of not eating much fruit,but is happily eating it again!!!
  • Hi.
    Benjamin has either toast with peanut butter and a banana or weetabix,mixed with raisens and a banana.
    Some days he will eat almost anything but other days will hardly eat anything except his brekkie and a yogurt
    I always find giving him fish does the trick,i usually get those fish in sauce that is in a bag you can boil(or pop in microwave for 3mins)mix with some mash and veg and he will eat every bite!!!
    I make him smaller versions of wat i eat,shepards pie,spag bol,corned beef hash,chilli and curry(mild versions)tuna pasta,potato bakes.
    Quick meals are hotdogs,mini pizzas,ommlettes,
    He isnt that keen on sandwiches,though i have tried him on several fillings,most goes on the floor.
    How about egg mayo.tuna mayo,though in Bens case most ends o the floor and in the dog lol.
    Good luck!its pretty much trial and error,and like i say somedays Ben eats well,other days just picks...I just keep trying him on things,he went through a phrase of not eating much fruit,but is happily eating it again!!!
  • HI
    Will she eat melted cheese? Eg cheese on toast or Matthew likes pizza toast (grilled bread, thn a bit of tomato puree, cheese and any veg bits i have).
    Or you could try tuna/s'corn/little salad cream, sardines/pilchards in tomato sauce?
    How about peanut butter sarnies? Or banana sarnies? Maybe you could hide some cheese or ham in mashed up banana (sounds gross to me but she may like it?!) What about little cocktail sausages or sausage rolls (not the healthiest option i guess). I found Annabel Karmel's baby/toddler planner book really good for ideas.
    TBH I don't often give Matthew sandwiches, it's usually toast and bits on the side. But then i'm lucky in that he'll eat pretty much anything.
    Snacks - Matthew has a mixture here and there: humzingers, dried apricots or raisins, fruit, breadsticks, toddler's veggie crackers, rice cakes, cheerios or half a gariboldi (sp?) biscuit. Sometimes, (esp if family or baby sitter spoiling him!!) he'll have a cake or proper biscuit as a snack, but i think as long as it's not all the time it's ok.
    I also find if i mix up his tea time/light meal it helps him and me not to get bored - eg sometimes we have plain scones, pitta bread, muffins, cheesey roll or french stick instead of just bread.
    Hope that might help a bit :\)
  • my little man is 19months he basically eats everything typical day:
    he goes to nursey 3 days a week which helps with his eatig as everyone sits nd has the same.

breakfast: weetabix/hoops/krispies followed by slice of toast
    snack: dried fruit
    lunch:hot lunch pasta or fish pie spag bol etc
    snack: bread sticks/ biscuits and dried fruit
    tea: sandwiches/pizza/potato wedges and carrots stick with dip cheese on toast wraps filled pittas etc
    super: biscuit and big cup of hot milk

hot this helps maybe try having meals together i find this always heps my little boys tells daddy off for not eating lol:lol: