Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Lunch ideas (14 months)

Hi, was wondering what you all give your lo's for lunch and whether I could have some ideas? I always give Angelo a home cooked meal for his dinner but would like some easier quicker options for lunch. I used to have a freezer full of meals but don't think it's necessary that he has two hot meals a day now & I don't have the time or energy to cook as much anymore. The only sandwich he really likes at the mo is ham and cheese so he has this a lot and baked potatoes with beans and cream cheese. What else is there?! I also have pregnancy brain which doesn't help! Any suggestions appreciated. xx

Replies

• You could do eggy bread,crumpets with cheese and ham on top then put under the grill to make a mini pizza.
    Just a couple of suggestions!
  • Hi there

Spencer loves hummous (sp?) and guacomole with rice cakes/pitta bread and veg sticks. He has to dip his own pieces in so you can imagine what he looks like afterwards!
    Hope Angelo is getting on well

• Riley loves pitta bread with some cold cooked chicken and a bit of salad, although he normally picks out the lettuce!! Also crusty bread with things like smoked mackeral pate (just mix smoked mackeral and cream cheese) or mushroom pate spread on. Crispy potato skins with some cheese and chopped tomatos go down well, spanish omelette ( I normally make a big one as I love it and it keeps for a day or two) or bagles with cottage cheese and pineapple.

Just a few ideas.
    Naomi xx
  • Isaac loves scrambled eggs or boiled eggs with dippy soldiers.
  • I would give Kara some scrambled eggs and toast or boiled eggs. I would also give her some custard and fruit or custard on its own. I have recently started giving her chicken dippers, fish fingers and Smilies.
  • I just give Lewis snacks at lunch time as his main meal is tea time, he usually gets cheese on toast or soup and bread, just what ever i have to give him - he loves micro chips and chicken dippers, another thing he loves is cod in butter sauce its by youngs and you cook it in the microwave he just scoffs it like! i have seen Lewis having dairy lea snacks or dunkers and crisps, just what ever i have to give him!
  • Wow, thanks, some really good ideas for me to try. I really like the idea of the dips and pita/veg too. I really seem to have lost my imagination lately so all these ideas really help. Going to write them in a list and pin them to my fridge for inspiration!
    Liz, Angelo's doing great thanks..hope you and Spencer are well. All abit different now they've entered toddlerhood hey? nicole xx