Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

need yummy recipes please!!

Hi girls,

I want to do more home cooking as at the mo I stick to what is quick and convenient for the 3 of us!! I just want good home cooked meals that are simple and easy to do but yummy!! I would especially like a nice chicken curry recipe amongst others! if you can help please leave me a recipe below. thanks.xx

Replies

• Hey,
    Well I'll try again as the last reply couldn't get through as there was 'no gap in the tree'-whatever the heck that means!!?!
    So I couldn't cook at all before lo. Then when he arrived I realised I should give it a go.
    I bought meself the Jamies Oliver Ministry of Food cook book. It is totally and utterly brilliant!
    I can now whizz up some fancy pasta in 20 mintues, a delicious chicken korma or prawny chinese noodle thing. My favs are the lasagne, fish pie (with no white sauce which always put me off) homemade bugers (so flippin' easy!). There's also puddings in there but I've never tried those-am fat enough!
    Anway it's been out a while so might be less expensive but I use it at least once a week so it's paid for itself a million times over!
    Hth and happy cooking xx
  • thank you!! will look out for it.xx
  • hi g/c from baby, but i find the sainsburies little oens website is fantastic for ideas and recipes

http://www3.sainsburys.co.uk/littleones/

the dhal is fab!! and very very easy. hth xx
  • my little one has become very fussy but last year would eat everything I made including Beef Chilli and Chicken Curry, I tend not to do measurements but just throw whatever I have in but here's a guide to the curry I used to make for 3 of us

2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks (or 4 thighs skinned and boned and cut into chunks)
    Yellow pepper sliced (or whatever you have)
    half large onion
    carrots peeled and chopped into chunks
    2 potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
    1 apple peeled and chopped into small pieces
    handful of sultanas
    tsp ground cumin
    2 tsp ground corriander
    tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp chilli powder
    tsp curry powder
    water
    Cornflour (or potato flakes)

dry fry the spices and they set aside, fry the chicken in a little oil then add the onions and gently fry for a few minutes, add the spices and stir together they add a pint or so of water and then the carrots and potatoes bring to the boil then cover and simmer for at least 10 mins, then add the peppers, apple and sultanas and cook until all the veg is tender. If thickening with cornflour mix a couple of tsp with water then quickly stir into curry and let it cook our for a few minutes before serving. Best served with rice and chips for me.

i would normally portion off a few dinners for the baby which would be mashed and then add a bit more curry or chilli powder for us as it is quite a mild fruity curry.

• how about a homemade chicken pie?

4-6 chicken thighs
    1 x carrott
    2 x leeks
    1 x onion
    1 x clove garlic
    chicken stock
    cream / milk
    ready rolled puff pastry

place chicken thighs in tray in oven and bake until cooked.
    in meantime put chopped carrots, leak, garlic and onion in pan with oil and cook until soft, add chicken stock and cook bit more, but don't boil.
    once chicken is cooked peel meat off.
    take pan off heat and add chicken and cream, pour mixture into baking tray (with quite high sides)
    roll out the pastry and place over the baking tray and tuck the pastry in

bake in oven (180dg) for 30-40minutes until pastry is golden brown

I normally serve with chips or mashed potato