Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

I've found a meal the whole family loves!

It is pasta with Asda Tomato and Mascapone Fresh Pasta Sauce! With garlic bread and salad.

I had 5 clean plates, and it's not a fluke - I have had this a few times! DD yummed it up and honestly, it was the first proper meal she had eaten in a week. Even the cats liked it as I caught them trying to lick the bowl after (naughty cats lol).

This is the only thing that everyone likes! The only problem is I think it is a bit calorific but never mind.

Just thought I'd share lol!

Replies

• That's brilliant!

I opened this post with such hope though thinking it might inspire me - unfortunately lo will not entertain tomato and hubby will not entertain cheese of any description, so it wouldn't go down very well in our house.

The most successful family meal we have in our house I think is Bedhead's fish pie! Cottage pie also goes down well with hubby and lo, so I tolerate it (ok but not my fave by a long way) just to see food being appreciated!
  • lol lucky u!!!!
    Hubby is a vegetarian who hates tomatoes and potatoes,cant barely stand rice and really dislikes vegetables!Go figure!
    Pepi wont touch anything unless it is meat,blueberries or lolipops.She actually had a fit yesterday as she suddenly decided that she wanted sausage for brekkie!
    I give up.Might just start cooking whatever I like.
    Oh,I nearly forgot,hubby is not that mad about pasta either!!!
  • Oh sooky, what on earth do you find to feed him? My hubby has only recently started eating pasta and rice - I was so sick of potatoes so I can't imagine what your hubby will eat! And no meat either?
  • Lol Sooky, hubby must be a nightmare to feed!

A close second for us is toad in the hole with carrots and brocolli - but we're lucky if dd actually eats any of the sausage lol! She loves the yorkshires and carrots though. My boys have to be bribed/threatened with no pudding to eat their veg, but we usually get it down them lol!

Keep meaning to try that fish pie recipe, think me and dh would love it, but dd hates potato except chips, and refuses fish fingers so.... ds2 refuses 'sloppy food' (except that pasta) at the mo as well.

It's all good fun isn't it?

xx