Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Food for a poorly baby?

Hi ladies

Lily isn't well and isn't really fussed about eating. I've tried the usual faves but she just pushes it away. When she starts to want to eat again do you have any suggestions of something nice and simple I could cook for her?

Thanks! x

Replies

• whenever I haven't been feeling well, I only want plain stuff like corn flakes, so you could try that x
  • Yes, plain stuff is good. Maybe some toast, banana, cereal...
  • Thanks. She had some rice crispies! She pointed to the packet to tell me that was what she wanted. It is the first thing she has eaten all day so I didn't mind her having them at teatime! x
  • I was going to suggest cereal as the only thing Lily eats when she is poorly is porridge- she would have this for dinner too!Think its fine if they are ill- its only a few days so won't hurt them and its better than nothing I guess. Hope she feels better soon!xx
  • what about soup? my lo loves dipping bread fingers into thing so much so she forgets that she is supposed to be having a strop about eating and manages the whole lot!!lol either that or chopped up fruit? or a smoothie??
  • well my lo has tonsilitus and keeps being sick so im just giving her pouches of fruit puree that have been chilled ice lolllies rice crispies and tbh anything she asks for . everything is making her cough or be sick and she has really lost her appetite so i just wanna get anything in her. smoothies are great too as its more of a drink but got loads of goodness in too. hope she is better soon x
  • Thanks ladies. Today she has only eaten a rusk and a yoghurt. Refused everything else so looks like she still isn't well. Will try soup tomorrow as she usually enjoys it. Smooothie good idea too.
    Doctor did look at her but he didn't check her ears, throat or hear her chest! Just looked her her rash and couldn't decide if it was a viral infection or mild chicken pox! xxx