Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Desserts

Hello lovely mummy's

Not been on here for ages! Anyhow my lil man is just over 19 months now and I was just wondering what (if anything) you guys give your lo's for dessert?
Now I have been happily been feeding him things like soya dessert pots (he's allergic to dairy) and soya yogurts, custard with banana etc but feel it's same old, same old all the time!
Have always finished his meals of with a dessert which I don't know if is a good thing or bad but it just seems natural????
Anyway, has anyone any more ideas for anything else especially more healthy options? (can't contain eggs or dairy) image

xxx

Replies

• Thanks hun, I thought of fruit but he has that as snacks between meals so wanted to give him something else for variety more than anything.

Sherbert! I used to love that lol. Not thought of that, maybe I'll try it pending what's in it image

xxx
  • Hi havent really got any ideas as to what you can give him, just wanted to say that i give leo a dessert after his tea aswell as he some times he doesnt eat all his tea and i dont want him to go hungry, i give him no sugar jellies and yogs, fruit, custard etc just the usual, he's just over 19 months aswell.
    vikki xx
  • Mostly fruit for desert as it's berry season just now and there so good for them. Also custard and rice pots, oh and Angel Delight but not sure about the dairy factor as we make it wth full fat milk as she drinks very little milk.

• My little boy loves tinned fruit in juice - peach slices, pear halves, pineapple, mango etc. The other thing he loves but only gets it when I have time is baked apple with a sprinkle of cinnemon. You can use normal apples, just peel it, core it, so it has a hole in the middle and fill with some raisens if he likes them and sprinkle the cinnemon in the middle,... its yummy!!
  • Thanks for the ideas ladies. I'll defo try the baked apple too xx
  • Angel delight with soya milk? Alpro is the least vile soya milk imo!
    Have you tried any of the rice deserts? I thought they were foul but you never know!!

Have you tried the alpro soya deserts? They do chcoolate, vanilla and um... another flavour - forget what!