Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breakfast ideas

Lily has ready brek for breakfast and toast, mainly because she refuses anything else we (and nursery) give her. The last week or so have been battles at breakfast time. She doesn't really want porridge and isn't too fussed on the toast either. She's eaten rice crispies this morning, but I'm not sure she really enjoyed them! What do you give you LO for breakfast?

Thanks!

Replies

• fruit & yogurt mainly, a small handful of dry cereal and milk in a beaker. Sometimes a boiled egg which he likes, be he won't eat toast either! x
  • My lo doesn't eat much at breakfast - never has. But he does eat a substantial mid monring snack, so I have learned to be less het up about what he eats for breakfast now!

He has things like cheerios, shredded wheat, fruit bread toasted (you know the small loaf of sultana and apple break you can get already sliced), crumpets or a banana if I'm rushing.

At the weekend, he has srambled egg on toast with his daddy, and some of my pain au chocolat after he's eaten whatever he's having.

Is Lily still drinking milk before/with breakfast? I ask as if she is, maybe she's already full up on that? x
  • Shea loves his breakfast!! about the only meal he does love tho, he'll have any of the following: -

toast with jam / dairylea / peanut butter
    waffles with jam / maple syrup / honey
    crumpets with jam
    rice crispies
    weetabix
    crunchy nut cornflakes
    boiled eggs
    scrambled eggs
    eggy bread
    fruit salad
    grapefruits
    pancakes

the list is endless xx
  • toby enjoys
    crumpets with cheese
    cheese on tost
    fruit bread or tosted tea cake
    i have given him toast with marg but he wont eat it but loves it with a bit of marmite
  • freya likes most creals, cheerios are her fave at the moment, she also loves toast with marmalade, or some time scrambled egg on toast, she not really a fussy eater thogh so most things go down pretty well. x
  • I dont give toast for breakfast as she has bread/toast for lunch and i like to give her some variety.
    She used to ahve weetabix with warmed milk but got bored. Went from eating 1-2 to only half if that! I know its naughty but she has coco pops and has the whole bowl, usually i give her malted wheats (tesco shredded wheat) and she has some milk but not too much that she can eat it with her hands if she wants too.

My lo doesnt eat egg on its own. I tend to save crumpets for special occaision or with her dinner.
  • Thanks for the ideas. She does have milk in a beaker with her breakfast.

I will try the suggestions - like the yoghurt idea and the fruit bread idea. She does like crumpets but I had been giving them to her at teatime so will try them at breakfast.

Thanks again! x
  • Bella has:

toast with butter, or marmalade, or marmite, or peanut butter or dairylea

Dry cheerios mixed with raisins

weetabix and banana

fomage frais

crumpet with any of the same stuff as on toast!

Ginger oatcakes - don't ask, I thought they woud be too spicy for her but she pestered to try one of mine and now occassionally has half of one as an addition to something else - crazy little critter

potato cake (treat)

and like previous poster a bit of my pain au chocolat or croissant when I have one (after eating her brekkie, or at least a good whack of it)