Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes

Quick and easy tea ideas please!

Hi ladies
Just wondered if you had any quick and easy recipe ideas for Lily's tea. When I get home from work I don't have much time before Lily wants to eat and I feel I cook her the same things. Any suggestions welcome! Thank you.

Oh she's 15 months by the way.

Replies

• If she likes eggs then try an omelette (sp?!) I just make mine by quickly frying a bit of veg (onion, mushroom etc) then throwing in a handful of frozen peas and sweetcorn, and just pour a couple of beaten eggs on top with a bit of grated cheese. It really doesn't take long and is quite healthy.

Or a quick pizza, using a pitta bread for a base just put a bit of tomato puree on, some oregano and grated cheese and grill until cooked.

And I also have a few of the little tins of spaghetti shapes on standby, not the healthiest but ready in about a minute in microwave so fab for when girls are really hungry and can't wait for me to cook.

I'll be looking at your replies as well cos I could do with some new quick meal ideas.

xxx
  • My all time favourite is spaghetti and pesto! Can't get any easier than that lol. Or salmon - takes 2 minutes in the microwave. I normally do that with rice in the rice cooker and throw some frozen veg into the rice cooker too with a veg stock cube. Easy as anything and quick too.xx
  • pasta and sauce - always easy and quick, you can make up batches of fab sauces and freeze em in portions for when you need em; pesto base, pepper, cheese, tomato/veg. loadsa options!
  • Pasta and pesto - the quickest EVER!

Pizza and salad (naughty mummy)

Spag bol

sausage mash and peas (about 20 mins)
  • We have a slow cooker and works a treat, maybe worth a try. This week we have had Mince and Tatties, Lamb Hotpot, Chicken Casserole and Beef Strognof, lovely. (lo had beans and sausage tonight , bad mummy and I have just polished off a Chicken kebab) but we do try most nights. When i'm not so organised, scrambled egg with cheese, egg in a cup with toast, tinned Mackrel in sauce, any pasta with cheese / tomato sauce.
  • I would say something with pasta too. Have you see the new adverts for Philadelphia? I was thinking of doing some of that to make a pasta sauce with milk and add veggies. Would be quick and easy.

I've never tried pesto on my lo yet, I must do very soon. Can you give them normal pesto from a jar or make it yourself (sorry to highjack your post).
  • I just use jarred pesto cos that's what I have and I have given it to max since about 9 months. We both love just spaghetti with pesto stirred in which makes and easy lunch or tea!
  • Thanks ladies, I knew you would have some good ideas! Have made myself a list now.
    Any other suggestions welcome!