Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

diebetes Q

Hello ladies ~ I just have a wee question regarding the condition ~

I have never been a fan of sweet stuff and rarely bothered with it until I met my dh, he is partial to a treat! any way.... when I do have something sweet... I dont get a sugar rush or anything, I fall asleep.... My body gives up, my eyes drop and Im gone! A typical example is last nite - I had a peice of choc cake and 10 mins later I was akip on dh dribbling on his shoulder and I had to go to bed ( at 7.30pm I may add!) This always happens with sugary desserts/treats. I would never have something sweet if it was just me and LO as I would drop off while looking after him i reckon!
Is this any link to diebetes? Sorry if it is not, I dont want to mock the condition ~ just wondered whats wrong with me!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hi,

I've been diabetic since I was 19, and I'm 28 now! One of my symptoms was feeling tired all the time, I was also drinking loads of water as I was constantly thirsty, going to the loo all the time and regularly had thrush! Have you had any other symptoms?

I think it would be worth just popping to your docs, they can usually tell with a urine sample, as there'll be glucose in your urine sample. Alternatively, I think Lloyds do free blood testing, it's not a big blood test, just a prick of your finger onto a measuring stick! you barely notice it!

Good luck! i hope you don't but if you have, don't worry my life is barely affected by it and I can still enjoy sweet treats!