Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

missing cat :(

my cat has been missing since yesterday lunch time. he never goes far and always comes running when i shout from the bottom of the garden, so he really cant go far! this has happened once before and i found him in a garage on the next street at 7am the following morning, locked in and distressed. but we've been up drives shouting his name and we've heard nothing. we've been all over our estate, much further than we think he normally goes. we've had neighbours looking too. i know he's either trapped or worse, although trapped could be really bad if where ever he is isnt checked regularly. we have been around the streets yesterday evening, midnight, 9am, noon, 3pm and just got back again now (6pm). so i dont think he's been killed by a car as he wouldnt have been moved that quick at the weekend surely?

what can i do now? i am frantic. before my dd was orn he used to sleep next to me in bed every night. he has no collar but is chipped.

Replies

• Any news Calleign?

I know how you feel, my 2 are my babies (and are going to be a bit put out come Feb!). They're normally both home for dinner, but there have been occassions when 1 hasn't turned up for a couple of days, they normally just saunter in like nothings wrong, we think they sometimes either wander further than they mean to, or find something that just too interesting to leave!

Is there someone in the house all day? Last summer we didn't see Bean for about a week, we only realised that she was coming home in the day when we were at work cos I'd left some (handmade!) cup cakes on the side and she'd licked all the icing off them!

ELF
  • he turned up. i was describing him to the betterware woman ad she asked for my number so she could phone me if she saw him on her rounds. as i was inside the house writing my number down she yelled he's here! he's a bit thinner (he missed 8 meals!) and was very jumpy but otherwise seems fine. we are very relieved. he has spent today sat with me and dd, while she's tried to eat him! thanks for asking