Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

maternity clothes

Hi girls when did you start wearing them? also were is the cheapest place? x

Replies

• i'm yet to start wearing maternity clothes at 23weeks and 3 days. I had terrible morning sickness for the first 16 weeks and lost over a stone, i'm still under my pre pregnancy weight now so all my usual stuff still fits. I did however buy quite a bit of maternity stuff in the jan sales. New look and peacocks seem to have sales quite often with maternity stuff included but ebay is also great. Seeing as how we aren't in the clothes for long they don't get much use so are usually in great condition.
  • With my first I was five months before i started wearing them, like kels I lost weight due to very bad sickness (so I sympathise there). I got mine from places like mothercare and formes, but my oldest is nine now and there weren't as many places as there are now selling maternity wear.

Try the department stores too, they all have a maternity dept and usually have bits in their sales....
  • I started wearing them when i was 16 weeks as i was quite big then and am now lol. I was very fortunate to know someone who handed me her maternity clothes so havent really bougth any. I would just say shop around an try the likes of ebay? x Also if you do buy maternity clothes buy ones that u can wear after ur baby is born whic are comfortable that way u get alot mroe wear out fo them image x