Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

UPDATE How to break the news !!

I have got to tell someone before i burst !
So tonight we are going to tell my Mum and Dad.
I dont want to say all gather round iv got an announcment , coz i think they might guess straight off. so how about this,
"Have you guys got your diarys for next yr yet ? " then reply
"well we have got a date for it, 29th june, its the date your first grandchild id due! "
Or shall i just run in wearing dungerees shouting
"im knocked up whoooooo" !!!
How did you all break the news ?

[Modified by: m&k on 24 October 2008 09:21:38 ]

[Modified by: m&k on 25 October 2008 10:16:22 ]

Replies

• Options
    lol - mine were not planned and other situations were not great so i was very scared to tell my mum. Love the Diary Idea though! thats great! let me know how you tell em - i get all excited about these things!!!!!!

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS btw XXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Haha thanks Elaine,
    My husband says im just stringing it out and should just say it as it is but i want it to be remembered :lol:
  • Options
    I like the diary idea. We handed over our scan pictures and let them have a look and for it to click with the person.
  • Options
    OMG i cant wait till the scan lol. i have no idea how to keep a secret like this, that long, plus i need to know how both mums were during there pregnancies, im scared to death of morning sickness
  • Options
    I wrapped up a tiny pair of booties and wrote a label that said 'to Granny and Grandpa' Their faces were priceless!!!
    xx
  • Options
    that is really sweet,
    i bet their faces were a picture !!
  • Options
    Did it, told them !
    Used the diary thing, it was ace haha i loved there faces !
    Big fat smiles all over, im feeling abit more "real" about it too now they know.
    Best thing was, my sister came in after i had told them, and she was telling jokes and i sed oh iv got a good one and just said im having a baby her face was hilarious !
  • Options
    Oh thats fantastic - haha - I bet that was great! What did they say? Tell me to sod off if im being too nosey! :roll:
  • Options
    Your not nosey at all lol
    Well my mum just burst out crying and my dad said "really,blimey, nice one, i mean great news congratulations, brilliant"
    lol, stunned wasnt in it haha
  • Options
    Ah, that's lovely. I often think about how I will break the news when we get our BFP. I'll probably be so excited i'll just blurt it out but i'd love to do something like the scan pic or the little booties idea! Oooh I just can't wait until that day comes! xxx
  • Options
    I actually laughed out loud reading your dungarees idea, my husband gave me a very strange look!

I was thinking about this, not knocked up yet lol, but I am really nervous about telling my Mum. She keeps telling me I am not allowed to have kids yet cuz she is too young to be a grandma! I am 23 she is 44!

Its a good job I live 300 miles away from her I don't think I would be able to keep it from her for more than a second if I saw her all the time!
  • Options
    I wrote my parents a Christmas card, then on Christmas day when we'd finished opening the pressies, I said 'there's one more for you both' and gave it to them. Inside I wrote 'To Granny & Grandad, Happy Christmas, Love from your grandaughter/son due 9th August 2008'. Mum took a while to realise what it was about, then hardly said anything - I was so scared she was going to tell me off or someting!! (I'm 27 btw lol) She said afterwards that she hadn't read it properly at first and thought it was from my hubby's son (with ex-wife)

Congrats on your news m&k!

Corinna x
  • Options
    Ah bless thats so sweet, i can imagine it !!
    I know wot u mean about getting told off, i was scared of telling my Dad, coz even though we r married and have lived together years i was basically telling him id had S.E.X !!
    oopps lol
  • Options
    we did a simular thing with the xmas cards. Last year I was 13 weeks on xmas day so we put a scan pic inside 4 cards. One to my mum and dad, one to my ohs mum and dad and then our grandparents too. We wrote inside meet babywoollven no3. due 1st July 08. Was lovely to announce it on xmas day. No surprise this year tho, lol! x x x
  • Options
    Hi all
    Have stumbled here from TTC forum. After reading all your posts I cannot wait to tell everyone when I finally do get my BFP.
    M&K - am loving diary idea!!!!! I can't keep it from my mum but thinking for friends to gather all for dinner or something then just casually chuck scan pics on table to see what they say.
    God, not even PG yet and already planning!
    xxx
  • Options
    when i got pg i told my husband by dressing a teddy in an i love my daddy baby grow i'd been out to buy. sadly i started to bleed so telling my mum i was miscarrying was the first anyone else knew about it.