Forum home General Chat General chat

Stupid question...........hickeys?

So we got carried away last night and I have the biggest hickey - well two actaully - doesn't help when you've had a couple of glasess of wine and been out for a meal and all caught up in the moment!

One is right at the top of my neck and a polo neck doesn't cover it and I have work on monday morning!!! Any body know and remedies to get rid of them or help them fade!!!

I know the obvious thing is to give my oh a good kick when he comes home from work this afternoon.....lol!!!!

I feel like a bit of a naughty teenager writing this on here - I very rarely get these but can't face my staff on Monday with this!!!! Any help will be much appreciated!

thanks

M

XXXXX

Replies

• hi ya

apparently rubbing toothpaste on them and leaving it over night is ment to work but not sure if it does hun!

charlie x 15+3
  • Yeah have heard that! Have it on now whilst surfing the net......lol! Thanks though!

XX
  • I tried that when I was a teenager trying to hide it from my Mum. It went from looking like a hickey to looking like a burn mark. Just be carefull is all I can say.
    X X X
  • my o/h used to think it was funny to do that when we started going out (long time ago!!) only thing i found was using make-up to cover it up and trying to hide it with my hair!! he knows better now x.
  • well guys I did my research on the net and have made it fade somewhat so hopefully it won't be too bad by tomorrow! First off all I had tooth paste on it then I used the bottom of a mascara tube and twisted it on it (this is supposed ti disperse the blood that has been brought to the surface! As crazy as it sounds it works!) then I iced it for about 20 mins then a hot compress and then ice again then hot again! Then put toothpaste on it until bed time (as didn't fancy getting it on the sheets! My oh thinks it ia nearly gone and it looks a bit like a rash or that I haven't washed properly...lol! So with a bit more tooth paste today and then a bit of an icing down tomorrow it should not look too bad - plus I'll wear a polo neck and my hair down...lol!!!!! Thanks for your help.....lol!
  • Has anyone noticed it today? I'll bet you're more conscious of it than anyone else!
  • Hi Rhian - so far so good!!!! It's been raining today - so hair a little more wild than usual as it got wet on way in and dried naturally wavey - so think people were mainly wondering if I had used a brush today....lo!!! xxxxx