Forum home General Chat General chat

MrsJoJo's back with baby Izaak!!

2»

Replies

• Hi ladies

I see I've struck a cord with reusables - my main reason for doing so is the cost - ,y friend's weeklly shopping bill more than doubled when her LO was born simply because of the cost of nappies. I also can't buy nappies at my local shop so would be in a pickle if I ran out!!

I will be using disposables in emergencies, when travelling and when its too much of a faff to use the reusables - I'm a realist and know that they won't be ideal all of the time. I plan to carry the scented nappy sacks with me to take the soiled nappies home in - something I might have to do with disposables here anyway. The liners catch most of the poo and these can be flushed away.

Now, for more pleasent things... Two weeks ago I was numb all over from the epidural and in the recovery room. Today I am sitting at home with freshly washed hair, lip-stick and mascara on and feeling in control of things. My dressing came off the other day and everything's healing well - I lost 10kgs in 10 days and have just 3 more kgs to go before I'm back to my regular weight.

Only hiccup was getting a blocked milk duct which I caught before it became infected. My doctor lanced and drained it under local anaesthetic and I'm hoping this has done the trick.

I have to say that much of my recovery is down to the excellent help & assistance I've received from my nanny. I didn't want help but she's keeping my house under control whilst I play mummy!

Jo
  • Oooo... and ps - Stephe, I emailed you links to our pictures!

Jo
  • Glad to hear you are doing good Jo image

Its good to hear different peoples experience with reusable nappies - I talked to one of those nappyc onsultant people and she said for her 4 kids she's never used boosters and wouldn't bother buying them unless needed....but after hearing about Izaak's mega-peeing I'm happier knowing I have boosters on the way!!

I think I'll have to invest in some of those scented nappy sacks - it hadn't occured to me to use them until reading stephe's post, but it makes sense for carrying around dirty nappies!