Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Takeaway food.

I would just like to know after eating my third chinese this weekend how often you eat takeaway food and what is you favourite? I have the biggest craving for lemon chicken and fried rice with prawn crackers and maybe a spoonful or two of OHs onions and gravy with it, gross i know but when you get the notion then you just have to have it. LOL.
Diane. 34+2.

Replies

• We try to stcik to twice a week- chippy grub on a Thursday night and chinese on a Saturday- but I had a mcdonalds as well this week!! I cud eat out every night given haf a chance!! I just love food!!

I have also discovered M+S chocolate eclairs they are divine. Happy eating
  • I probably have chinese once a week, even though i could have it about 3 times a week,i love it! I'm seriously missing prawn toast, my OH was really cruel last week when he when out with the boys, he took a picture of himself eating some and sent it to me just to make me jealous!x
  • I'd say on average, we have take away about once every two weeks. Either chip shop (I just love their curry sauce to dip my chips in), pizza or chinese. I like making my own curry (one of the very few things I can cook, thanks to sharing digs with an Indian friend when I was younger). My fave thing from the chinese is crispy duck pancakes, though I love beef chow mein too.

In my early pregnancy, I LOVED McDonalds chicken nuggets - I couldn't get enough of them. I tried to eat enough healthy stuff as well, but it just meant that with the McDonalds I ate loads of food!
  • Hi LouMichelle, i was just wondering why you are missing prawn toast? You can eat prawns as they are cooked and are actually supposed to be a good source of protein during pregnancy. I just wondered as i had prawn toast a couple of weeks ago with mary-rose sauce and it was devine!
  • i get a takeaway at the weekends, i love curry but the kids usually win and we have pizza (chicken fillet kebeb with salad and garlic sauce) mmmmmmmmm
  • mmmmm, just had duck and pancakes with special fried rice, feeling fat now! lol! normally only get take away when we get paid x.
  • Gazno: I was told by my midwife to avoid it as you don't know how long its been hanging about and especially not to eat it unless its piping hot the whole way through.x
  • Gazno, you made me smile with this thread... Is it cause we couldn't handle talking about food over in Nov??? we prob have a chinese, every couple of weeks, altho this past weekend I've eaten out fri, sat, sun and mon. Not takeaways but restaurants. Altho I now fancy a chinese, OH is at rugby training tonight so he doesn't eat much for dinner so might treat myself to one, and it would either have to be a chicken curry and fried rice or sweet and sour chicken balls with fried rice and prawn crackers. mmmmmm.
  • Oh God stop with all the food talk, i know its only 11.15 am buit im bloody craving something and i dont know what it is, maybe a big-mac meal out of mcdonalds, the only problem with this is our nearest macdonalds is 12 miles away and i cant be arsed driving over there althought their mozzarella sticks are lovely with sweet curry sauce! Yum.
    Loumichelle, i didnt know that, it funny how some people say its ok to eat and others say its not! God i feel a bit guilty about my prawn toast now!
  • I wouldn't worry bout it too much, there's loads of conflicting information out there. It just put me off a bit when the midwife said avoid it.x
  • I wouldn't worry bout it too much, there's loads of conflicting information out there. It just put me off a bit when the midwife said avoid it.x