Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

missed period, all pregnancy symptoms, but negative hpt

so to cut a long story short, i had my last normal full period on the second week of february, two weeks later i had one or two days of very light spotting and a tiny bit of dark discharge, but have had no period at all since then, apart from again, a little bit of dark discharge. im on the pill, but had unprotected sex on the 7 day break between pill packs, so im assuming if i have conceived, this would of been when i did, making me 5 weeks pregnant by my calculations. i have been to the doctors and had blood tests done for anemia & other blood related conditions and they also checked for a hormone imbalance but they all came back normal.
i have done two home pregnancy tests in the last 4 weeks, both came back negative, although i havent actually done one in the morning yet with the first urine.

also, i have had most of, if not ALL of the typical pregnancy symptoms and signs,
e.g. tender breasts, my tummy has become slightly more rounded, whereas i usually have a very flat tummy, sometimes very bloated, daily nausea, but not actual vomiting, started getting lower back aches in the last few days, increased fatigue, i could sleep for hours!

could i be pregnant & just be getting a late positive? possibly because of lack of the hcg hormone in my system!

if anyone else is experiencing this or similar, or has been through this then please help!

ALSO!
the doctor has told me to completely come off my pill until i either get a period, or a positive test result!
its so hard just waiting, i want to know!

whilst taking my pills, i was liable to forgetting one or two a pack, bad i know! but that does increase the chances of getting pregnant, hence the concern!!

Replies

• Hi hon, firstly the pill isn't 100% effective at stopping pregnancy, so even if you took it every day you could still fall pregnant. So the fact you may have missed a couple of pills makes it much more likely that you are pregnant.

Your symptoms all suggest to me that you are pregnant. You haven't said whether this is a good thing or not so I will only offer tentative congratulations for now! But your doc is right, don't take any more of your pills until you know one way or the other, as they can harm the baby.

You need to buy either a superdrug or a first response pregnancy test, they are the most sensitive, and test with first morning urine. I didn't get a positive test until I was 6 weeks pregnant, so the fact you haven't got a positive yet doesn't mean you aren't pregnant. Just remember that you can get a negative and be pregnant, but as soon as your line comes up thats it, you are pregnant (they don't lie for that!)

Good luck with the test, keep us updated and if you need any advice/chat I'm on here daily! x
  • Hi hon, I'm only sticking this reply on as when you go into the main screen it doesn't look as though anyone has replied - I did, I promise! Hoping this message will make it show the reply for you!
  • thank you!

ive just replied to your post on the other forum as well!
    well thats what ive been thinking
    all the symptoms add up
    and the fact that i was quite careless in taking my pills as well, does make it more possible that i am in fact pregnant!
    and i thought to myself about a month ago that there was a possiblity i was pregnant, so im kind of over the freaking out/ worried stage now

ive already spoken to my mom about it as we're really close, more like friends really, and she just keeps giving me other things it can be, and wont accept the fact that there is quite a big possibility i am pregnant!

i even showed her my tummy and told her all my symptoms ,but shes almost in denial that her daughter could be, its crazy!

something in me feels different, its like i just cant accept the test is right when it says negative, as i feel so different, like almost certain i am,
    and the fact ive come off my pill 5 days ago and STILL not had a withdrawal bleed is a sign too right?

thanks again image xxx
  • Hiya, I'm not too sure about the whole pill thing because I haven't been on it for a long time but I know that when I fell pregnant with my son, I just knew something was different- I'd only had unprotected sex once but I had all the symptoms. By the time I actually took the test I was already 9weeks gone!! But I'm in the same boat now because I'm convinced I'm pregnant again even though I've taken 2 tests that are negative... Maybe I'm just paranoid but everything feels exactly the same as when I found out the first time!! Sorry I can't help more but at least you know you're not alone!! Xx