Forum home General Chat General chat

When Did You Conceive?

Hello All,

I am 20 and have just come off the pill to try for a baby.

Could anyone tell me how long they had to try after coming off the pill?

I presume it may be quicker and easier due to being young but for some reason i am worrying it wont happen.

Would be great to have some feedback!!

Love to you all

xx

Replies

• Hi,

I'm not entirly sure how long it takes, but just for info my friend forgot to take the pill for 5 days and got pregnant the next month!! SHhe's only 23, dont know if age has anything to do with it but thought I'd say!!!

Good luck!
  • hey emily,i am 23 and i came off the pill on the 6th january and found out that i was pregnant on the 30th march,it just took me under 8 weeks and i had been on the pill for nearly 7 years.its true that everyone is different,just try not to think about it too much and just make sure you write down your period dates(just in case you do fall pregnant),as when i went for my first antenatal app i didnt know my lmp date!and it makes it harder for you to work out when baby wouild be due!good luck xx
  • Hey Emily - i was on the pill when i concieved but was really ill for about a week so i think it was not long after that. So it couldn't have taken that long, but my friend took nearly 6 months to concieve after coming off the pill, so its different for everyone xxXxx
  • i came off the pill in november and fell preg. in feb. Sometimes it can take time for your body to readjust to not being on the pill, everyones different though. My gp told me your most fertile around the middle of your cycle, so if ur cycle is 28days your most fertile time would be around the 14th day...it was spot on for me but as i said, everyone's different xxx
  • Hiya!
    I was 18 when I conceived, I forgot to take the pill for a few days! I gave birth to a girl on 21st Jan 06. Im now 21 and dd is 2 1/2 xxxxx
  • hey emily...im kinda in your boat, me and hubby have been TTC for a couple of months, i was hoping youth would be on our sides as we are both 22 but fingers x`d, i havent been on the pill for years and have just been relaying on withdrawel and condoms!!! so im surprised i havent been caught out before now! good luck with what ever happens for you.xx