Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling very isolated... any young mums want to chat?

hello,
ever since i found out i was pregnant i have felt isolated because my friends who i thought were gtreat friends have faded away...
then when my best friend found out she was pregnant i thought it was great cos i would have someone to talk to etc. unfortunately she has lost her baby so our friendship has again faded and we are no longer talking.
i have also just moved away from all family and friends cos my husband has got a new job...
i am only 19 and i find it hard to make friends... and i just wanted someone to talk to?
if anyone is interested could you message me?
or leave an e-mail address and i will email you image
thanks
becky xx

Replies

• hi my name is jennie and u r not alone not by far this is ur first pregnancy and u shud be able to enjoy it and if ur so called friends can find in them selves to be suportive then maybe u better off with out them this may sound a bit harsh but i wen t thru the same thing, i am 32 and on my 4th pregnancy i had my youngest wen i was ur age and i was also with out my family as i wa living in north wales but my family and friends were in liverpool and my daughters father was not much cop (lol) and we split shortly after she was born, even thou i was on my own i ahd my daughter and she was amazing and she was all i needed. On another side when u have ur baby (if u havent yet) u will meet lots of mums ur age and feeling exactly the same as u so stop worrying and just enjoy ur time being a new mum and feel free to contact me if ud like to email me let me know and ill send u my email add.
    gud luck huni x :\)
  • Hey hun, well ur better off without them so called friends. im only 20 and this is my 1st pregnancy and u dont need ppl like that bringin u down n makin u feel lonely, when is ur baby due? im happy to chat i love takin bout my baba bump, i think being pregnant is fantastic and u need to enjoy every minute of it!! x
  • totaly agree with u mummydocker when r u due to have ur bundle im 30 weeks this tuesday with my 4th x
  • im 33weeks and a day!! image 24th october im due, i cant wait, starting to get abit nervous now tho but hey it cant b that bad if uve done it 3times already x
  • Hey hun im 20 and i have twin girls who are 2 in december image
    I am now 21 weeks pregnant with number 3 :P The girls dad isnt around but my current partner is in the process of adopting the girls and obv is daddy to number 3! I know how you feel when i got pregnant with the twins my friends were all so excited but then when i couldnt go out as much being tired and things i got excluded once i got near my due date my friends were a bit more interested and they were all over the girls when they were born but once they realised that they ate crapped and cried and nothing else they wernt as keen and i couldnt go out obv so they dissapeared again! It took a couple of months to adjust to the girls in my life but i loved my new life and my partner was around from the girls been 4 weeks old image I started taking them to groups for mums and babies and thats how i made friends and also at work because a lot of ppl at work have kids too!
    Maybe try a group for young mums to be its easier that way because you have a natural thing in common image Hope you feel better and feel free to email me anytime my email is open on here image x
  • hi
    im 22 with a 6month old little boy.. imyself am in the same situation as you me and my partner was trying for a baby for 3 year so when we found out we was over the moon but same as u old friends faded and i grew up... hope to chat soon sam xxx
  • hiya im 25 and mummy to 2 little girls who are 5 (nearly 6) and 2.5. i had my first when i was your age i was the first of my frinds to have a baby and i found that all but one just didnt bother staying in touch. i used to go to taddler groups and would have a group that i would sit and talk with but i didnt make and firm friends, but when my daughter was 3 months old my best friend became pregnant so that was fab. with freya i have now got lots of mummy friends as more of my friends have had children and i have made other friends through work ect who have kids the same age as mine. dont worry it will alll work out for you.
    im around if you want to chat. xx
  • Hi I'm 22 with a 2 year old now, I was 19 when I gave birth, I too found I never see my friends anymore, I moved away as well (only about 20miles). I love being a young mum wouldnt have done it any other way as I had a really easy pregnancy (crap birth tho) and have lots of energy still. I find it easy to make friends but not that easy to keep them! I have my school friends who I chat to on FB and my mum friends but i dont see them all that often now because they have all had second children & are busy, and I work & am always busy with work or house stuff. I've learnt to live with it and enjoy ds company and my sil lives next door too. I can't wait till someone else in the family (both mine & oh's family) has kids as bc I was young when ds was born no one else has kids yet so he is 2 1/2 with no cousins or playmates really image I am from walsall x
  • Hello, Im happy to chat. I too feel very isolated at times. I'm 21 years old, got married when i was 19, baby number 1 at 20 and im now 30 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. I have lost touch with all my friends that i went to school then college with to Study childcare. We all would talk about wanting to find "the one" and settle down and have our own children instead of looking after other peoples. I was very lucky and found my soulmate as soon as i left college and started work. My friends didn't really like him so we drifted apart. Since moving in together, getting married and having baby i haven't made any friends apart from 1 and i dont see her much anymore as she has some health problems. I have all i ever wanted and i do feel very lonely at times but i wouldn't change it for the world although some friends for myself and my little boy would be lovely.

Gemma
  • Hi, I'm Libby and I'm 20.

26ish weeks pregnant with my first baby, and the first of my friends to be preggers. It's hard because the only one who I thought would be better than the rest and not fade away has moved to America!

I know what you mean about feeling isolated. I have my hubby, but obviously he's never carried a baby so though he's supportive, he doesn't quite get it. My friends all want to go out and do things like get drunk or go clubbing and I'm so tired I need to be in bed by 9! I know it will be worse when I've got LO because I won't even be able to hang out with them during the day going to the cinema or bowling or whatever they want to do as money will be really tight!

Anyway, I understand. If you want to chat, please email me...
  • hi! im 22 and have a 7 month old harry! i understand exactly how you feel as all my friends went to uni so i feel very alone at times! if you wanna chat my email is dappytartvic@hotmail.com! xx
  • Hey, this is a bit of a late reply, but I know exactly how you feel!

I got pregnant at 16 (tut!), and gave birth when I was 17, my daughter is now 8 and 1/2 months old and I hardly see any of my friends. I've even been told by one of my friends that I'm boring now because I don't go out and drink myself silly, and I don't have crazy wild house parties anymore.

You'll find new friends who have children of their own, they may not be your age, but you'll have atleast one thing in common with them.

I'm here if you would like to chat...?

xxx
  • Always looking for new mums to chat to!! I'm 23, full time mummy to my two little girls. Tiegan-Brooke whose 4 and Taylah-Jae whose 2! My email addy is kivo_princess87@hotmail.co.uk feel free to email me! Always emailing so will reply to everyone image xxx
  • hi, I am young, but I am 12, so its different I guess. I will chat with you.
  • hi im 17 and pregnant with my little girl (20+5). Would love to get in touch with you as I understand completely what you are going through x