Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help? x

yeah.. im 16 image had unprotected sex with someone im not even with :/ and on saturday did a shop bought test, it showed up negative.. then yesterday i did a hospital one, which said positive.... and today, to make sure again because i didnt believe the first one, did another shop bought and this time there was a faint positive line, but it was there i feel like i imagined seeing that line there, but mum saw it too, im not imagining it image . My mum told me it was a good idea for me to come on here, she said you would all help. Don't know what to do! or think.. all i've done is cry... the dad doesn't even want to be involved as he said today wants me to get an abortion.. :'(

Replies

• I'm going to be devil's advocate here, and mention the dreaded A word - abortion. You've said the father has asked you to have one but haven't said how you feel about it. You've asked for advice and what stuckinlimbo has said is all fully true and wonderful advice, but only if you want this baby yourself.

I am a mother and would never go down the abortion route, but i have a friend who chose that route so like stuckinlimbo said if you need to talk that through as well, even if its just to rule it out, please just say and I will help anyway I can.

The father may come round or may not, but if you have the support of your family then you can do anything; it does not mean your life is over - if anything it is just beginning!

You are very early on in the pregnancy so you have lots of time to think things through and talk them over with your mum. If even a small part of you wants this baby then do not let the father bully you into an abortion; this is your body, your baby and your life - a lot of fathers who don't want the kid will demand an abortion because they should have a say. They have absolutely no say whatsoever whilst you are carrying the child, so don't let yourself be forced into anything you don't want.

I will offer my congratulations because I believe that babies are wonderful things and this could be the start of something amazing for you. Just take your time, decide what is right for you and then grasp it with both hands - we will be here all the way through with you!

Good luck xxx
  • I'll shut up then! :\)
  • Hey hun
    i was 17 when i got pregnant with ID twins and they are now beautiful 14month olds image Im currently pregnant with baby no.3....Now the twins dad was all for me having the baby and that was great until i was 7 months along and he cheated on me image i kicked him out he had gotten the other girl pregnant and he now has a son and NEVER sees the twins :/ however i was alone a while and then when the twins for 4wks old i got together with one of my friends and were stil together now image And obv expecting a baby image Being a single mum at any age is daunting but at a young age theres a lot of stigma attached to it too but hun dont panic....whatever you decide to do theres a forum to help you on here! Your life will change but if you have a baby then its so worth it image But if you dont want the baby then thats totally your choice and you will find no judgement on here....image Were here to support you image

xxx